3pm kick-offs!!

dave1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish,and 1.1m dish,samsung hd receivers(viasat).3sky box's and sky dish's,1 sky italia.
My Location
midlands
ok so sky are now trying to find pub/clubs for showing games because of the new premier league logo on screen!
(copyright!)is there anyway i can wipe the logo???
or if i cover it up when showing the game will that be ok do you think???

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nobody can give you a definitive answer until the first case goes to court & we get a legal precedent set.

dave1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish,and 1.1m dish,samsung hd receivers(viasat).3sky box's and sky dish's,1 sky italia.
My Location
midlands
ok,thankx for the help.....lets wait and see,just hope iam not the first case then..LOL

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Indeed, no one can give a definitive answer on this one yet. In truth, some lawyers happen to think that on proper interpretation of the law, even screening the logo without covering it up should not result in legal liability.* However, it is very dangerous at present to recommend that: that course is only for someone brave like Karen Murphy who is ready to go the lengths necessary to test and prove the law.

The gaffer tape solution is a "safer" solution but remember even that is untested; so again all that can be said is that it could or really should be enough ------ but with absolutely no guarantee that the courts will agree that it is enough.

EDIT *Even Advocate-General Kokott seemed to support this view.

dave1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
just one more thing,if i zoom my tv's in so no logo is seen....how would we stand on that???
i no this is allso an untested thing to try and it's all a wait and see thing,but would that by any chance make any differents....?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
^ Again, for the moment, all one can only say is could and should but with no guarantee. :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Your guess is as good as ours!

Only the Courts can establish what is and is not an effective work-around: And even then only after testing the matter in a real Case.

dave1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
ok once again thankx for your help...:)