40.5ºW SES-6 first scan with new dish.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin + SF8008 V3 SUPREME 4K Twin + 4 x Uclan Ustym 4K PRO Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD, 2 x GTMedia GTcombo, Goldmaster SR525 HD
Geant-OTT 750 ALLURE EVO 4K + Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
2 x Viark Sat 4k.........arc = 62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Promised myself that with the new 1.8 pf install the first setup and scan I would do would be with 40.5ºW SES-6 ......been looking over many years at folks C-Band posts re: this sat and only recently did a Ku scan for the data transponders.
Anyway, not fine tuned yet but happy with first results. :D

40.5ºW  C  19-03-2015 a.webp 40.5ºW  C  19-03-2015 b.webp 40.5ºW  C  19-03-2015 c.webp 40.5ºW  C  19-03-2015 d.webp
 
Yup, I hate Hipodromo de San Isidro Tv channel (4045R) :p


(Only channel ever saw from 40.5W)

Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous...

But anyway Huge Congrats to @lovelyperson
 
Yup, I hate Hipodromo de San Isidro Tv channel (4045R) :p


(Only channel ever saw from 40.5W)

Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous...

But anyway Huge Congrats to @lovelyperson

Thanks for that Kveys.....but have always felt the same in reverse....no sight here of the Amos satellites or the Nordic beams of 4.8ºE, guess we call this swings and roundabouts, anyway here between us on this forum we cover all sats.

Enjoy your weekend. respect-048.gif
 
Last edited:
Promised myself that with the new 1.8 pf install the first setup and scan I would do would be with 40.5ºW SES-6 ......been looking over many years at folks C-Band posts re: this sat and only recently did a Ku scan for the data transponders.
Anyway, not fine tuned yet but happy with first results. :D

View attachment 74966 View attachment 74967 View attachment 74968 View attachment 74969

Excellent results indeed, especially with a 1.8m dish. Normally 100-125 open channels on Ses 6 from my locale using an esx421 lnbf with dielectric plate inserted.
 
Last edited:
Spare hour this afternoon, scan revealed some cracking results....although have gained a lot but appear to have not locked some of the transponders from the pevious scan.....looking forward to an indepth look and perhaps tomorrow a fine tune. respect-057.GIF
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 a.webp
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 b.webp
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 c.webp
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 d.webp
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 e.webp
40.5ºW  C  11-04-2015 f.webp
 
That's quite an impressive list :)
Thanks....feel lucky Chris....watching the golf at the mo but ran another scan and now showing 81 transponders so just need time to evaluate the results.

C-Band is great......and you with Ka also........wow !! :-applause
 
hi lovelyperson with my 1.5 dish I get 240 channels that's including scrambled
 
Results from SES-6 with my Gibertini 1.2M, DMX242 LNB. As expected, no great haul, but reasonable I suppose for a 1.2 dish.

Horizontals (those that lock shown) -
 

Attachments

  • SES-6_Hor.webp
    SES-6_Hor.webp
    249.5 KB · Views: 54
  • H_Transponders.webp
    H_Transponders.webp
    129 KB · Views: 53
  • Nacion TV.webp
    Nacion TV.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Nazare.webp
    Nazare.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Campus TV.webp
    Campus TV.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Canal 21.webp
    Canal 21.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Isla TV Venezuela.webp
    Isla TV Venezuela.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 39
Verticals (those that lock shown) -
 

Attachments

  • SES-6_Vert.webp
    SES-6_Vert.webp
    255.6 KB · Views: 31
  • V_Transponders.webp
    V_Transponders.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DAT TV.webp
    DAT TV.webp
    48 KB · Views: 27
  • Quiz TV.webp
    Quiz TV.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Cristov TV.webp
    Cristov TV.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 26
Verticals (those that lock shown) -
Hi Llew,
Good scan results there and like yourself, Cristovision 3700 R 2199 showing a good dB and was my first transponder lock at SES-6 even with this non-professional LNB holder!!
Enjoy your day.
Copy of P1000371.webp
 
That's the kind of thing I often do lovelyperson. Tape, plastic ties, even strands of fencing wire have come in handy :D

I might try adding a KU LNB, offsetting the C-Bnd LNB, although with only a 1.2 dish I doubt that it would be very efficient for C-Band signals.
 
Hello lovelyperson,

I'm glad to have found your signal measurements for 40.5 W!

I've just set up my old FortecStar 240 for 40.5 West. The dish is quite deformed and twisted as it's fallen to the ground couple of times in the windy weather but I'm still able to lock a couple of transponders. What I'm wondering is what dish size would I need to achieve the same results as I now get with this low quality dish.

To give you an idea about the signal levels, here's what I get on the 3 Fox transponders:

3712 L 10400 ... 8.2 dB (solid lock)
3725 L 10000 ... 12 dB (solid lock)
3735 L 7400 ... 6.4 dB (picture breaking up)

What I'm hoping for is that a good quality 180 cm dish could give me the same or slightly better results but after reading this thread, I'm a bit surprised that your 1.8m dish is delivering quite low signal and both 3725 and 3735 seem to be on the edge. Did you manage to imrove the signal since the original posts?

By the way, did you try receiving 43W?

Thanks
 
TXP 26, T2 MI streams

xlxuub.jpg


4080 4084 4089 4093 L 3600 3/4 8PSK

4084 L 3600 : TELECARIBE HD - PLP 106

esm43b.jpg

2jdrixh.jpg


4089 L 3600 TELEPACIFICO SD

spubyr.jpg


6sza15.jpg


TELEISLAS has moved from 3886 L to 4097 L

TVISLAS.webp

And the logo ;) just grabbed
4097L_TVislas.webp
 
Some more.

Scan of TXP 70, 4x T2 MI streams:

4000 L 3600 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 106 Telecaribe

4003 L 1680 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 102 Canal Capital

4005 L 1750 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 103 Calal TR3CE

4012 L 9827 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 101 Señal Colombia:
Señal Institucional
Canal Uno (Colombia)
Señal Radiónica
Señal Radio Colombia


Scan of TXP 26, 4x T2 MI streams, here showing two:

4080 L 3600 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 104 Teleantioquia

4093 L 3600 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK PLP 108 Canal TRO
 

Attachments

  • 2015-07-04_11h48_29.webp
    2015-07-04_11h48_29.webp
    83 KB · Views: 20
  • 2015-07-04_11h13_48.webp
    2015-07-04_11h13_48.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-07-04_11h45_51.webp
    2015-07-04_11h45_51.webp
    128.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2015-07-04_11h44_26.webp
    2015-07-04_11h44_26.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2015-07-04_11h41_03.webp
    2015-07-04_11h41_03.webp
    64 KB · Views: 19
  • 2015-07-04_11h39_42.webp
    2015-07-04_11h39_42.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-07-04_11h18_12.webp
    2015-07-04_11h18_12.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2015-07-04_11h16_14.webp
    2015-07-04_11h16_14.webp
    115.9 KB · Views: 20
Anyone able to receive 3725 L 13300 5/6 8PSK? These are the Fox Brasil channels.
I was getting 12.5 dB on this frequency but now nothing...
 
Back
Top