43.1°W (Intelsat 11)

I remember in the past a number of Ku Band Channels from 43 west
 
Yes indeed. Must be around five years since the last one departed.

There's still RASDTV on 45W, though.
 
Anyone interested in this sat then Cholusat Sur 36 on 3877V is a very healthy 8.9dB this morning.
 
Anyone interested in this sat then Cholusat Sur 36 on 3877V is a very healthy 8.9dB this morning.
Gave it a go Paul ..
Sadly nothing doing for me ..
Lost 43W position on the Vbox some time ago ..so figured I might try and retrieve it .
Started at Silverbird 37W and stepped West ..but not even a blip ..
If it gets stronger let me know on this thread ..and I'll try again..
Never was very strong at my QTH ...and the lnb is now off focus by a couple of degrees..
cest la vie
 
Only some data transponders - some quite strong. 8PSK ones will lock on the F15 if only to find the position on the VBox again.

upload_2017-1-10_12-56-46.webp
 
Hi Captain Jack,

your scan shows strong Europa-/Africabeam locks from Intelsat 14 @45.0°W. (Maybe known >>> sorry)

PS: I can´t scan on 43.1°W atm, because too much snow here.

Best Regards
qwer.
 
Hello,

todays linear vertical scan.

Best Regards
qwer.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-01-11_11h41_46.webp
    2017-01-11_11h41_46.webp
    163.6 KB · Views: 29
That was on the 2.4 CJ but it just locks on the 1.8 as well. This is the result of blindscanning it a few nights ago.
1=3717,H,22000,56,8PSK
2=3744,H,22000,56,8PSK
3=3744,V,21610,34,8PSK
4=3776,V,21700,56,8PSK
5=3799,H,30000,56,8PSK
6=3803,V,23300,56,8PSK
7=3832,H,1000,34,32APSK
8=3854,V,6249,34,8PSK
9=3877,V,1546,34,QPSK
10=3895,V,20200,23,8PSK
11=3967,H,21090,34,QPSK
12=3982,V,10000,34,8PSK
13=3994,H,21090,34,QPSK
14=4026,V,18530,78,QPSK
15=4040,H,30800,78,QPSK
16=4053,V,23780,34,8PSK
17=4079,V,4400,34,QPSK
18=4087,H,22000,56,8PSK
19=4114,H,22000,56,8PSK
20=4115,V,19580,34,8PSK
21=4179,V,30000,34,8PSK
 
That was on the 2.4 CJ but it just locks on the 1.8 as well. This is the result of blindscanning it a few nights ago.
1=3717,H,22000,56,8PSK
2=3744,H,22000,56,8PSK
3=3744,V,21610,34,8PSK
4=3776,V,21700,56,8PSK
5=3799,H,30000,56,8PSK
6=3803,V,23300,56,8PSK
7=3832,H,1000,34,32APSK
8=3854,V,6249,34,8PSK
9=3877,V,1546,34,QPSK
10=3895,V,20200,23,8PSK
11=3967,H,21090,34,QPSK
12=3982,V,10000,34,8PSK
13=3994,H,21090,34,QPSK
14=4026,V,18530,78,QPSK
15=4040,H,30800,78,QPSK
16=4053,V,23780,34,8PSK
17=4079,V,4400,34,QPSK
18=4087,H,22000,56,8PSK
19=4114,H,22000,56,8PSK
20=4115,V,19580,34,8PSK
21=4179,V,30000,34,8PSK

... I assume not all of these did actually lock on your 2.4m, I'd find it very surprising. Especially 3803V or 4179V
 
Isn't that what blindscanning does? As it was left to its own devices overnight I've no idea whether they would of produced a picture. I could only find one scan that showed both those you mentioned.

ebsgrab.webp
 
Isn't that what blindscanning does? As it was left to its own devices overnight I've no idea whether they would of produced a picture. I could only find one scan that showed both those you mentioned.

View attachment 102603

Not always, your blindscan clearly finds also unlockable signals - if the SNR shown is correct. The only channels that would lock are 3966 and 3993 H. But it's interesting that your blindscan found very weak signals but didn't find stronger ones. I suppose this scan was done with 1.8m dish then.
 
New, I think:

4004 V 3916 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK, TV Peru International
 

Attachments

  • 2018-10-01_17h56_26.webp
    2018-10-01_17h56_26.webp
    117.5 KB · Views: 24
New, I think:

4004 V 3916 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK, TV Peru International


.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Footprint starts to get a bit thin up here just North of Nottingham Edgar, just not enough for a lock.


43.1 West... reduced..webp
 
I never saw a peep from from 43W here. Maybe there one or two data frequencies but nothing beyond that.
 
I never saw a peep from from 43W here. Maybe there one or two data frequencies but nothing beyond that.


If John was not getting a lock with a 2.2m Elite dish there would seem to be no hope for us small dish men with our gimpy little dishes? :eek:
 
If John was not getting a lock with a 2.2m Elite dish there would seem to be no hope for us small dish men with our gimpy little dishes? :eek:

Extender panels.......
 
If John was not getting a lock with a 2.2m Elite dish there would seem to be no hope for us small dish men with our gimpy little dishes? :eek:


Assuming the footprints are roughly accurate - The strongest area of the footprint sweeps across from Spain, France, Germany & Austria area, Our Southern coast line gets it a bit weaker and us in central UK and Northern locations is weaker still

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

43.1 West..webp
 
Last edited:
Antenna:prodelin 1244
Feedhorn:prodelin linear
Lnb:minimag 20K
Location:Balikesir/Turkey
i am found 6 horizantal and 4 vertical transponders with dm920
 

Attachments

  • intelsat11 20hor.webp
    intelsat11 20hor.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 23
  • intelsat11 20VER.webp
    intelsat11 20VER.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 23
  • intelsat11 lnb - A.webp
    intelsat11 lnb - A.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top