5* disappeared from Freesat

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Has anyone further info as to why 5*, 5USA etc. are missing from the Freesat EPG? In our case (Humax stb) we cannot receive them either. Not asking for me but SWMBO is missing her Perry Mason repeats....

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
They're still on the EPG of my Humax Foxsat.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
It is a known issue as I found reference to the problem on the web. However, it (obviously) doesn't seem to affect everyone, though there doesn't seem to be a solution yet...

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
Many Freesat users, mostly with Humax set-top boxes, are reporting errors with Freesat’s Electronic Programmes Guide (EPG), with some of Channel 5’s channels – such as 5USA and 5Star – disappearing.

It’s unclear yet where the fault lies, but the TV guide information for the affected channels (see the full list below) is missing, both on the set-top boxes themselves, and on Freesat’s website.

Besides not being able to see future programming information, without a properly updated EPG viewers can’t set any future recordings, and have to manually set timings if they want to record anything on those channels.

But it’s even worse for some users, who apparently can’t even watch the affected channels.

Freesat viewers took to social media to complain about these issues, with some getting in touch with us as well.

While most of the reports seem to be coming from users with Humax boxes, if the problem lies with Freesat’s EPG, then the newer 4K Freesat boxes are likely affected as well.

Channel 5’s Freesat EPG Issues​

From the reports we’re seeing, the current issue is affecting several channels owned by Channel 5 / Paramount:

• 5USA (Freesat Channel 129)
  • 5USA+1 (Freesat Channel 130)
  • 5Star (Freesat Channel 131)
  • 5Select (Freesat Channel 133)
  • 5Star+1 (Freesat Channel 141)

Update, August 1: The issue is still ongoing. We reached out to Freesat, and are waiting for their response. So far, on Twitter, Freesat had this to say:

“We have been made aware of issues affecting the EPG information for several of the Channel 5 stations on Freesat.

“Our Broadcast Team is currently looking into this and we hope to have this resolved soon. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.”

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Ah okay I see now, no programme information for those channels on the Foxsat. Just noticed Perry Mason is currently on channel 134 Reality.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Just noticed Perry Mason is currently on channel 134 Reality.

I'll be keeping this little nugget of info under wraps for now....

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Apparently it's all sorted now.... Perry Mason is back in his rightful place according to SWMBO...