5-meter cassegrain reflector vendor

Indeed, you are correct about the increased cost for a US manufacturer. I'm certainly hoping that one of these European companies is able to produce the reflector for us. An F/D of 0.3 would probably be fine, and I've already sent off a quote to Elital. They seem the most capable of the ones you've listed, anyway. I hadn't mentioned it, but our customer (and antenna) are located in Italy, so it would be quite advantageous to use them because of that reason, as well.

The sub-reflector is indeed adjustable to some degree. The offset can be moved in and out quite a bit.
 
You did mention Italy in an earlier post (#8), which is why I didn't offer the Asian/African fabricators from the listings.

Now I realise that you supply the subreflector as well, which is a little odd, unless you also use a combined dehumidifying kit with the feed. In the past I have used Ku band Gregorian antennas with combined de-ice/dehumidifyer, and smaller C and Ku band Cassegrains with fixed focus sub-reflectors, but not one that links the sub to the feed design only.

Good luck with your enquiries, and come back here if you need more info.
 
ralphmagno: what type of price might you be looking for the antenna/what is the exact model number

Telia: any chance you could forward me some details of your broker for larger antenna?
 
the problem would be to have it picked up and shiped.
it took 5 guys to pick up an carry each half section.
base took 4 guys.
need a real solid base as well.
will let you know soon
ralph
 
I guess it might need to be palletized and protected ? Just a thought if the price warranted the hassle :) Cheers
 
dear luoto,
the dish is a irte heavy duty dish.model i do not know.
it weight about 800 plus kilos.
2 half sections and 2 meters by 4 meters long.
the dish config is a prime focus.
it should be reted at 150 to 160 km winds.
we figured by the time you havealph it collected and shiped it would almost cost more than a smaller lighter model.
r
 
Hello,

do you know about best offer for X/Y or 3 axis Positioner or rotator with auto track and signal track system and software ?

Please advice , and delivery to UAE .

I try to fine low cost Terra and AQUA receiver and rotator , for getting them in my Home.



Best Regards,
Ali
 
gsc said:
do you know about best offer for X/Y or 3 axis Positioner or rotator with auto track and signal track system and software ?
Please advice , and delivery to UAE .
I try to fine low cost Terra and AQUA receiver and rotator , for getting them in my Home.

Before you are moved to another thread, what size dish are you going to connect to it, if it is a dish you are thnking of ?
 
I think about 3 meter up to maximum 3.8 or 4.5 meter antenna?

Thank you
 
gsc said:
I think about 3 meter up to maximum 3.8 or 4.5 meter antenna?

Thank you

gsc, the company I work at sells 2- and 3-axis antenna that meet the specs you need. We can do autotrack with large reflectors, and have our own software for processing aqua/terra/etc. You can email me if you want. s w o r o b e c @ gmail.com (take out the spaces in the first part).


Channel Hopper, I managed to get in touch with the Italian manufacturer. They seem very knowledgeable but the language barrier is kind of difficult. We are trying to explain that we can't really remake the subreflector profile. It's integrated into the feed. But they want to be able to do this so they can match to the primary. But I wouldn't think they would need to do this if we already have all the prime specs in line (F/D, focal point, etc). Kind of confusing.
 
So, you need a translator conversant in technical Italian to English. I failed Latin in the second year so it's not me.

Anyone out there ?
 
Well, I have been receiving emails from them in English, but it is somewhat difficult to interpret, still. I think we will figure it out, eventually. We just have to double check everything that is communicated, haha. Also, apologies if I was not supposed to respond to gsc's request for a remote sensing system. I tried PMing him instead but he isn't receiving PMs. If you wind up remaking his thread in a different subforum I will respond there, instead.

Here is what Elitalia sent me most recently. I don't quite understand what they mean about not having the profile. The numbers at the end are what I provided to begin with, basically. Shouldn't that be enough for said profile?

The technicians give to me the answers. They have evaluated 3 possibilities:

1 - You have the profile of the antenna:
In the case you want to manufacture only the main reflector, the best way is to have from you the shape of the profile of the reflector surface, and we design the mechanical frame. In this case you can maintain the sub reflector and the feed.

2 - You do not have the profile, but you want to save the sub reflector and the feed:
In this case, we need from you the phase center position and the pattern of the feed to design the correct shape of the main.

3 - You do not have the profile, but you want to save only the feed:
In this case you will receive a new antenna reflector optics. The efficiency and the performances of the assembly can be under control. We need only the pattern of the feed and the phase center position.

We have the molds for an antenna with the following performances, but the mechanical configuration of this main reflector is different in respect to the picture you have sanded in terms of number of sections: our application needs 2 donut with 4 internal and 8 external panels, your pictures shown 4 panels. Please verify if the following values are good for your application, in this case we can manufacture a n panels sectioned reflector from the profile we just have:

optics: shaped cassegrain
diameter: 5 m
RMS: 0.55 mm
F/D: 0.3
Focale: 1.5 m
diametro sub: 600 mm
vertice sub: 1404 mm dal vertice paraboloide
centro fase feed: 1000 mm dal vertice paraboloide

guadagno feed: 16.2 dB
Taper (bordo sub): 12.5 dB
angolo feed/bordo: 30°
 
To be honest you should really ask them to reply in Italian, and then take their response to a local college where they have language teachers.


But, from what I can see, they have substituted 'save' for 'keep' , and without further detail of the subreflector you have that matches the feed (the 'profile') , they require you to supply more detail on the whole assembly, or they will prefer to design and manufacture a matched main reflector and subreflector.

I had a job of assembling of two Prodelin 1388 antennas some years ago. The initial setups did not perform at all, despite being given a second set of technical sheets with full optical dimensions and blueprinting them on site. Only after multiple emails back and forwards with the customer threatening to cancel their order (plus damages) did another data sheet arrive, giving the full design characteristics of the subreflector, and from this it was apparent the manufacturer had glued the parabola upside down in the housing on the first, and at nine o'clock on the second, even though the alignment markings were visible to anyone reading the data sheet.
 
Hello,

I'm waiting for offer for rotator and Downconvertor+LNA , if any part I need , we have antenna on 3 to 3.8 meter

Thank you
 
Channel Hopper said:
To be honest you should really ask them to reply in Italian, and then take their response to a local college where they have language teachers.


But, from what I can see, they have substituted 'save' for 'keep' , and without further detail of the subreflector you have that matches the feed (the 'profile') , they require you to supply more detail on the whole assembly, or they will prefer to design and manufacture a matched main reflector and subreflector.

I had a job of assembling of two Prodelin 1388 antennas some years ago. The initial setups did not perform at all, despite being given a second set of technical sheets with full optical dimensions and blueprinting them on site. Only after multiple emails back and forwards with the customer threatening to cancel their order (plus damages) did another data sheet arrive, giving the full design characteristics of the subreflector, and from this it was apparent the manufacturer had glued the parabola upside down in the housing on the first, and at nine o'clock on the second, even though the alignment markings were visible to anyone reading the data sheet.

I think Prodelin new base is in India from there they dispatch the material, only reflectors comes from US, Once I visited them they even dont know how to hook there dish, they commit many silly mistakes which we expect from non-tech guys
 
Hey there. Sorry for the lack of updates. We are going with Galileo it seems. They provided a pretty good CAD model and were doing the best in terms of timely communication. Unfortunately, the install is being pushed back till next year, though we might get it made a bit prior so we can have it on hand and do some feed fitting tests. Gonna have to eat the shipping costs, but oh well. Hopefully I can post pictures when it actually comes in.
 
Back
Top