58w Pas 9

xednom

Member
My Satellite Setup
80cm Orbital
Edison "0.2dB" LNB*

Humax HDCI-2000

*Without super-cooling ;-)
My Location
North Wiltshire
Hi
Getting strong signals today from 58W on 11476H 26463 3/4
Not received this sat before - thought it was beyond my western limit.
Currently showing a couple of test cards.
View attachment 6124
View attachment 6125
Cheers
xednom
 
You should find Cubavision on that bird, 11612H, 3670, 3/4.
BTW the pics show BT feeds.
 
Thanks Jeff
Yes managed to get Cubavision and a few more feeds.

Do you know if it is possible to receive anthing further west on Ku-band with a dish as small as 80cm ? Even for PAS 9, from my location the elevation doesn't look much higher than about 10 degrees - I guess also most birds further west are going to be beaming at the Americas. I was was just curious - I'm new to the hobby.

Cheers
xednom
 
Hi
I did get a feed off of 61west some years ago but have not tried since. That bird, I understand, transmits to USA. There is one chap, on one of the boards, lives in the west of Ireland claims that he has picked something else from that bird. I agree, it is interesting to see how ones set up performs. 53*east is now going, for me, because the leaves are growing on trees. I will get it again in the autumn when the trees shed their foliage.
Keep searching the heavens.
 
Ive been trying for this bird for some time but never came to me try 11476 instead of 11474.

Typical.
 
Back
Top