61.5w

deepbluesky said:
Where in Greenland is he located ?

Happy new year to all :)

Didn't say, i haven't talked to him for 8 months.

He had a satellite installation firm buying large dishes all over Europe to use on Greenland, he said they get everything from the U.S and Europe.

With a 5 meter dish he said he got everything.

Don't know where he is now as i can't contact him.
 
Well, I am now making an extra effort to get both Astra 2D (28,2ºE) and Hispasat Amazonas (61ºW) from my location in Portugal. I just need to figure the size of the dish as I'm well outside the beam locations.
For Astra 2D I got this rough plan (_h__p://www.vinylgems.co.uk/footprints.htm. Anyone knows if it is correct? It seems a 1,5m to a 2m dish should be enough.
As for Amazonas it seems the Europe beam is not carrying anything yet. The beams I would like to get are the South America and the Brazil beams witch seem to be the onlyones carrying TV transmitions (_h__p://www.hispasat.com/Detail.aspx?SectionsId=114&lang=es). but though I have line of site to the satellite, I have no idea how big of a dish I need.
South America Trans/Symb Rate 12172/26667
Brazil Trans/Symb Rate 11135/26667
The 12562/27000 seems to be the Europe beam, but there nothing in it, so it is useless.
Any sugestions/information are most welcome.
 
No chance of the American beams on 61W from your location I'm afraid.
The data transponder is still firing fine though. Just put an updated pic into post #22.

Rgds


L.:)
 
I get a 80% signal of a 12563V27002 transponder at 61W here near perpignan dreambox tells me it is data, anyone knows what it is (Amazonas or another sat ?) using a 90cm dish

Serge
 
It's Amazonas alright.
Can't seem to interrogate the data though :(


L.:)
 
Chezzdevil said:
I get a 80% signal of a 12563V27002 transponder at 61W here near perpignan dreambox tells me it is data, anyone knows what it is (Amazonas or another sat ?) using a 90cm dish

Serge
Amazonas doesn't have any transponders with that freq/sr.

Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amazonas.html
 
slugworth said:
Amazonas doesn't have any transponders with that freq/sr.

Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amazonas.html

lyngsat is not that complete as many think ! :), although in this case kingofsat does not mention this TP either.

The signal is definitely 3 degrees W of 58W so that leaves only the amazonas or echostar 3/Rainbow satellites (latter don't have this TP either !). In RF we get something as mirror frequencies or harmonics but never saw a 'pseudo' sat signal, i guess when it is there it is there ?

Serge

I have a suggestion, Amazonas is launched by EADS, EADS have their HQ in Toulouse, France (50km from here in direct distance), this might be an engineering link between the both ? The signal is too strong (80% on a 90cm dish) to serve no purpose....
 
Lyngsat is good but it depends on volunteers for the info.
I will re-aim my 1 meter dish and see what I get on my side of the pond.
61.5w has many spotbeams I can't even get over here.I think the first active transponder in my area is tp6.
 
Chezzdevil said:
I get a 80% signal of a 12563V27002 transponder at 61W here near perpignan dreambox tells me it is data, anyone knows what it is (Amazonas or another sat ?) using a 90cm dish

Serge
It is amazonas,a data service transponder.
It's in the channel list on one of my receivers,but I can't get the actual signal here.
 
Good old SatcoDX, still listed on there though :D


L.:)
 

Attachments

  • 61W.webp
    61W.webp
    18 KB · Views: 62
Received this transponder already a few years ago on a 110 cm dish.
Frequency is available on Flysat.com.

Jakenl
 
hi to all,
just picked up the new telle-satellity emagazine.
alexander wiese did an artical on a man in the canary islands that is picking up the dish network test patern.
this is on the 61.5 west satellite.
any one have any current information???
i looked and can not find any foot prints to confirm this.
if anyone has any information on the dish network signal
being received here is europe??
thanks
ralph:)
 
ralphmagno said:
hi to all,
just picked up the new telle-satellity emagazine.
alexander wiese did an artical on a man in the canary islands that is picking up the dish network test patern.
this is on the 61.5 west satellite.
any one have any current information???
i looked and can not find any foot prints to confirm this.
if anyone has any information on the dish network signal
being received here is europe??
thanks
ralph:)


In which number Tele-Satellite magazine did you find the article? i looked for the last edition, but i didint find any article about that.

If in Canary Islands is possible, in Azores will be even easier, in a few weeks when i go to Azores i´ll ask around:)
 
satcodx has the beam map for echostar 3
 

Attachments

  • ECH003KB.webp
    ECH003KB.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 86
here is the number
#208 dated 12-01-2009
artical title:us tv in europe

receiving satellite signals in tenerief from america

if you have any information let me know is naples is possible as well
i heard that in dec 2008 bbc 1 and 2 is suposed to join the 1 degree west.

we can deticate a 2 meter dish at 61.5 west to pick up the usa.
being by the sea we have a clean shot towards 61.5 degrees west
i can not find any lobe or footprint information to support this.
thanks
ralph:toke:
 
Hi ralph

i dont find any article

on the last tele satellite magazine

in which number you have seen

because the number you've wrote before

doesn't not exist

ciao:)
 
i have the book here.
i just got it a few days ago.
tele-satellite #208
dated 12-01-2008
page 98
it says satellite and broadband
artical written by alexander wiese
he is the editor-in chief
on page 98 the man in tenerief name is diego rosende is receiving
4 transponders.
this is on echostar-rainbow at 61.5 degrees west.
12.456 ghz,12.486 ghz,12.151 ghz 12.546 ghz.
he used a 1.8 meter dish there..
he is receiving amazonas signal as well.

i just received this on tuesday in the italian mail so yours should be there soon.
i may call the magazine today or tomorrow.
keep me informed
ralph.
:-worship
 
Echostar doesn't even have a tp freq of 12151,the lowest is 12239.
None of the other tp's are live from 61.5w.
Check lyngsat.com or satcodx.com for the tp freqs.
 
Back
Top