67° West?

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
I've been retweaking my dish as I had to move one of the fixings at the weekend to make way for new fascia boards, 63W is one of my marks to check it's OK at the edges but I thought I'd go a bit further and see if anything else appears out of the noise, it did! Best I can tell from the positioner this is around 67°W but Flysat doesn't cover this far west and Lyngsat doesn't list data etc.

Do we have a US based DXer who could scan around 67W and tell me what I'm seeing here?

67.0W-RFScan.webp
 
Could be a beacon frequency for AMC-3, newly located there from 87 west
 
At 67,0 West, both AMC-3 and AMC-4 are located.
12040V would fit the transponder grid of AMC-4.

There are recent reports of a Columbian package on 12000V 30000 on AMC-4.

Beware also for the newly launched Amazonas 3, currently testing at 67,5 West.

Good luck figuring this one out!
 
I am not picking up any signal on tp 12000 V 30000. This is not a saved position in my positioner, if there are any other tp or data tp that I could use to scan this sat in it would be greatly appreciated.
 
I checked again the other evening and could see no signals but I'm looking at it now and I have the same four peaks with an identical trace to my posted one. These are way below lock level so can't offer any more info on them.
 
I had a look at the Amazonas 3 frequency plan that is supposed to be identical to Amazonas 1, 12040V does not fit in there.
My best guess frequency-wise is still AMC-4, recently there seems to be a big demand for Atlantic "mobility beams" for planes & ships, these often can be picked in Europe as well. But such footprint isn't published by SES now.
Too bad this satellite is below horizon for most big-dish dx-ers in Germany.

@ Costactc, that Colombian package on 12000 V is on the South American beam of AMC-4.
_www.portaleds.com/listadecanais/imprimir.php?sat=2930
_www.ses.com/4628362/amc-4
 
Not that it would make sufficient difference anyway but my 1.8m is obscured this far west by next door. It was carefully positioned to give coverage out to 61W without upsetting the boss too much by planting it in the centre of the garden. Bit too much concrete under it to consider moving it now. :-bash
 
If I had a concrete tp, even data, I could scan it. Ku is so touchy that I could spend hours scanning and still come up with nothing. Wondering if there is any c band at that spot?
 
nice find aceb wish my dish would go that far round 55.5W is my limit used to be 58W but tree across road has got bigger.
 
I used to be able to get 58W when there was an Indian transponder there a few years ago but I've never tried beyond 45W as I didn't believe there was anything worth trying there but this thread is making me think otherwise - so is there anything beyond 45W available here?
 
hi far78 there is some c-band channels beyond 45W up to 58W not a lot of ku channels unless you can go beyond 58W then you might be lucky and get data channels or other signals as acebs found.
 
Not sure what the 8920 card is capable of but there's also an ACM transponder on 63W that puts out a big signal, easy catch even on an 80cm dish, look at 11468H. Apart from that, 53, 58 and 61W have been dead for some months.
 
Hello aceb,

since October 2012 Intelsat 21 @58°West is active in Ku-Band with 11462 H 2706 in DVB-S2/ACM and since December 2012 11472 H 1170 in DVB-S2/ACM/Continuous and MIS 0. Occasional feeds are on 11497 H in DVB-S2.

Best Regards
qwer.
 
Doh! Of course you are right Qwer about 58W, I always spot it as a peak in the same part of the band as 63W when I'm motoring west. The Prof cards can't really lock ACM stuff except using TrickPSK in EBS but I only ever use CS to look at the spectrum for new peaks. Didn't know about that feed frequency, last one I saw was back in June 2012 on 11503H.
 
aceb said:
Not sure what the 8920 card is capable of but there's also an ACM transponder on 63W that puts out a big signal, easy catch even on an 80cm dish, look at 11468H. Apart from that, 53, 58 and 61W have been dead for some months.
Thanks for the heads up, but it's a basic card that just does DVB-S and DVB-S2 - not capable of ACM streams :(
 
Costactc said:
If I had a concrete tp, even data, I could scan it. Ku is so touchy that I could spend hours scanning and still come up with nothing. Wondering if there is any c band at that spot?
I pick up a phantom tp 12180v 30000,but only on my x2 premium receiver and only if I add the tp manually and it shows only after a blindscan on that screen.Quality of 56% in the colonies with a 1 meter dish.When I exit the blindscan screen the signal is gone.It could be a flaw in the x2 firmware,my openbox s10 sees nothing.Maybe a test of a tp a few minutes at a time?
 
far78 said:
I used to be able to get 58W when there was an Indian transponder there a few years ago but I've never tried beyond 45W as I didn't believe there was anything worth trying there but this thread is making me think otherwise - so is there anything beyond 45W available here?
For peeps with c band capability, 55.5 and 58w have approx 80-90 open channels. Not much if anything on ku until you get to Amazonas at 61w and the American sats.
 
Back
Top