68.5E and others

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
I've moved my Ku dish this morning to increase coverage East and have a good signal from TMB on 62E but I think I'm blocked from 68.5 by a tree down the road. Could someone please tell me what the strongest transponder is into the UK and is there anything else I could possibly aim for after 62E. I will try blindscanning it all later but if someone has a quicker marker I can aim for that would be really useful, ta!
 
hi -
try - 12575 V 3378 3/4 DVB-S/MPEG-2 ManaSat
i had a 80 cm fixed dish on 68.5 east last year and found this to be one of the best signals from there .

cheers nelson.b.
 
12575V 3378 3/4 (Manasat) the strongest tp
12722V 26657 1/2 just a little bit lower .
 
Thanks chaps, nothing on either of those at the moment so it looks as if the tree is in the way. It doesn't help that my Inverto BU died this morning so I'm on a Best 0.1, it's not bad but not quite as good for weak signals as the Inverto.
 
The signal bounces a bit up and down in the UK but it locks ok on Vu+ Duo from my Penta 85 Dish with Fracarro twin lnb :D

Its that low on the horizon you need clear line of sight.

I live on top of a big hill so no problems there :D
 
You could try getting a signal from Intelsat 17 at 66E, this is reasonably strong in the UK, although i can't get signal from it at the moment due leaves on trees, i got a good signal from it earlier in the year when it launched. Try 12595H SR 6666 FEC 3/4, a couple of Russian channels on there.
 
It seems I can't get anything further east than 62° although TMB peaks around 80/70% with quite deep fading, whether this is down the trees and bushes along the road or ground noise I don't know, time will tell as we go into Autumn but for the moment I can't see anything even on the speccy so it's not even close to decoding anything. I do know the signal is worse in the early morning when I've checked at 6am.
 
My Ku dish is very close to next door, the fence between us is about 2ft from the dish and has an uninterrupted view into his lounge and dining room so I try to do any work on it when he's out. That said at 11pm last night I very quietly pushed the remaining 2ft of pole up to increase the height of the dish knowing he was going out this morning for 30 mins so I could spend as much time as possible aligning it :D It was worthwhile, I have gained, albeit intermittently TV Aktau on 66E, it occasionally peaks at 30% signal which isn't bad but spends most of the time below threshold. As it's so windy today I'm pretty sure that the tree down the road is partially blocking it so it will be interesting to see what happens in the autumn.
 

Attachments

  • Aktau_0660 12624_H_2356_20110810_144637.webp
    Aktau_0660 12624_H_2356_20110810_144637.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 29
hi aceb well done in getting 66E i have tried that bird but no luck block of flats down the road is blocking signal,getting 64E on c-band though.cheers
 
Anyone along the south coast will know just how windy it's been today, this has proved my hunch about the bush down the road as I've been receiving 68.5E! Four transponders, 12522H, 12562H, 12682H and 12722V all suddenly appear upto 70% S/Q before dropping out again, invariably this causes DVB dream to crash and to a lesser extent VLC but I'm well chuffed at getting this far east :D
 

Attachments

  • 3ABN_0685_12682_H_26657_20110905_173822.webp
    3ABN_0685_12682_H_26657_20110905_173822.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 25
  • AHLULBAYT_0685_12562_V_26657_20110905_173701.webp
    AHLULBAYT_0685_12562_V_26657_20110905_173701.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 32
  • RTM_0685 12722_V_26657_20110905_1736151.webp
    RTM_0685 12722_V_26657_20110905_1736151.webp
    24 KB · Views: 28
aceb said:
Anyone along the south coast will know just how windy it's been today, this has proved my hunch about the bush down the road as I've been receiving 68.5E! Four transponders, 12522H, 12562H, 12682H and 12722V all suddenly appear upto 70% S/Q before dropping out again, invariably this causes DVB dream to crash and to a lesser extent VLC but I'm well chuffed at getting this far east :D

Naaaa ....
you're just making me jealous Paul ...

I'm turning a distinctly off shade of green at the moment..


Seriously tho' well done m8..
;)
 
Sadly not Cap'n it's in a garden two doors down the road, maybe I should plan a midnight attack with my good ladies gardening secateurs. In fact while I'm at it I could cut out an arc shaped slot in their hedge so I can try for 70.5E. :-rofl2

No chance of anything today, if the dish doesn't get moved out of align I'll be surprised, 100m vis in driving rain isn't doing much for the low elevation signals either, TMB has dropped out on 62E.
 
Back
Top