6800 Can't clear some channels

juustme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 Shuttle Box XP Pro 800 FSB TwinHan PCI
My Location
uk
I have my old blue sly card in my TM6800 which had been working great for Five/er/USA, Sly3 & Ch4HD. Sadly the other day it stopped clearing them.O-no

Has my old blue card reached the end of the road & if so would it be worthwhile for me to get a new white card or should I just get the kids to use catchupTV through the PC?

I'm getting a bit disappointed in the Sat scene at the moment as it now only seems to be new box sales & cs focused. (having bought 4 boxes 2x500s, 1xTM5200 & 1x TM6800 and two 90 cm motorized dishes in the past two years) I am worried that I bought into last decades tech and that the sat scene people are moving onto slingbox & other streaming routes.

Do I get a new card or sell the lot?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its been shut off - quite a few reports of it happening accross the forums.

Things have been changed with the new cards & you might find the white cards dont work in the TM - check across the forum to see if anyone has it working yet.

Sadly things are getting more focussed on c/s atm - but thats because theres almost nothing open on cards cams & patches these days.

Streaming media is all very good but it has its limitations - you need a decent broadband speed. Many folks will never have fast enough bb for tv quality streaming. I live 2 miles from town but cant use bbc iplayer without regular glitches on the stream thanks to ratty old phone wires

juustme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 Shuttle Box XP Pro 800 FSB TwinHan PCI
My Location
uk
I see.... I thought it was 'interesting' that the workaround was "discovered" just as soon as the new cards were released, and that the North American scene has got the N3 sorted out within months, whereas virtually no progress appears on this side of the pond for either N3 or ND$.

Sad.