7.0W Nilesat looking good this morning?

Philthy

Member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 ci 1.1m motorised dish.
Lots of PC's...I fix them.
My Location
Devon
I've been tweaking :)
I changed the motor control to diseqc this morning, and fine tuned one of the lower power verticals. I then did a blind scan, and picked up a couple of horizontals. I fine tuned these, and scanned again.
I've managed to lock onto 14 horizontals, signal quality is between 70%-97% !

I'm off to see what else I can find ;)

For the record, I'm running a technomate 5400, and a 1.1m triax in south devon.
 
What horizontal channels have you got Philthy?

Blind scan on 7°W will pull in 8°W
 
Just checking now, but think you are right :(

I just manually set 11.766 H and I'm not seeing anything. I've glimpsed this transponder before, so thought it useful to try and latch on again.
 
Dish beamwidth being 1.8° so 0.9° is enough to pull in 8°W whilst parked at 7°W.
 
It seems I've no problem pulling in the verticals, but I'm just under the fringe for the horizontals with a 1.1m.


Bugger ! got all excited then ;)
 
11766H is too difficult anyway on a small dish. But some of the other H's may be possible.

Forget the blind scan, and scan the H transponders manually, you may get a glimpse of a couple, if you leave it till it's dark.

I get a few here, but I'm a LOT more east.
 
Hi Philthy

I am in South Devon, ten miles from the coast. I have a 2 metre IRTE dish and get all the 7W Horizontal channels in good weather, but if its overcast or rains they can disappear. To be sure of continued reception you would need a 2.4 metre dish. Reception is much better for horizontal channels at night time between 11pm and 4am.
You will not get any 7W horizontal channels on a 1.1 metre dish in Devon.

Cheers

Reni
 
I have a fortecstar 2.4 metre here in the midlands & pulling nilesat in sweet as a nut...using .3 db inverto lnb...cable run is 30 mtr using diseq to switch from motorized set up to static.

ces
 
ces69 said:
I have a fortecstar 2.4 metre here in the midlands & pulling nilesat in sweet as a nut...using .3 db inverto lnb...cable run is 30 mtr using diseq to switch from motorized set up to static.

ces


Is that vertical & horizontal transponders from Nilesat 101/102 ?
 
ces69 said:
I have a fortecstar 2.4 metre here in the midlands & pulling nilesat in sweet as a nut...using .3 db inverto lnb...cable run is 30 mtr using diseq to switch from motorized set up to static.

ces

was the dish easy to set up? was it from maplins?
i'm thinking of getting one here in east yorkshire.
 
yes i get all v & h transponders & yes it was from maplins & a piece of cake to set up..deff value for money... well thats my opinion . I have to use an inline amp because of the cable length but all is fine... in the daytime i get around 74% signal strength on v transponders & 44% on h but during he eve i get 86% on v & 56-60% h transponders..... so to say i am well chuffed

ces
 
hi ces69 im in stoke just had 1.8 m fitted getting all verticals but no horizotals just wondered do you have an offical showtime card as mine card keeps coming up scrambled cheers
 
Showtime is carried on the H polarity - you probably need a 2.4 m dish there.
 
ces69 said:
yes i get all v & h transponders & yes it was from maplins & a piece of cake to set up..deff value for money... well thats my opinion . I have to use an inline amp because of the cable length but all is fine... in the daytime i get around 74% signal strength on v transponders & 44% on h but during he eve i get 86% on v & 56-60% h transponders..... so to say i am well chuffed

ces

Hope its sheltered well - they are known to be rather flimsy in gales!
 
dish is sheltered very well...yes i have a showtime card for the viewing

ces
 
Back
Top