Johndoe

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Us
Hi
Using a 7020 with Gemini images (although I had the same problem with the origional sw) I cannot make the box take a static IP address, if i change the setting in the communications menu when it reboots it still displays **DHCP** on startup, if i look in the menu again it still has DHCP disabled, tried hardware and software resets and realoaded images still the same, It makes it hard to flash images, I have to use a laptop as DHCP server.

Also how good (or cr*p) is the 7020 tuner? A lot of channels the are fine on my old receiver come up as "Service not found" on the Dreambox. Is this normal or have i got a dud box?

Thanks

Mal

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Are U connected direct to the net with the box ?

Usually U use a router, unticking the DHCP and giving the box a ip addy in Your network

When U do a search from the box U should have all channels showing good reception, the tuner is rather good in the 7020

redmart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
DB 8000 HD - Manhattan 100HH -1m LH dish
<Network>Wireless to Cisco 857 router <Software>
Nabilosat Dream Elite v133B
My Location
Ireland
I think when you reload images the DM goes back to the default settings. I would recommend setting up a multiboot menu with Flash Wizard Pro (7020 version is currently beta 3). FWP has a smart copy option which installs an image using the current active image settings. So it takes channels, network and rotor settings into the new image.

I read somewhere that the tuner wasn't as good as the 7000 (not sure if that is true).

"Service not found" is displayed for me when the rotor is turning - I never see a "moving to xx degrees".
I had "service not found" on many channels even with a fixed dish until eventually I found configuration that worked. I thought my box was faulty at first. Are you using a rotor?

Johndoe

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Us
Thanks for the input

I am using a rotor but it's a 36v one connected to an old Pace 508IP that i use as a positioner.
If i scan Hotbird it does not find the Multivision channels, if I load some pre-programmed settings into the box i get "Service not found" except for once when i first loaded them it worked but has not worked since.

Will try again tonight.

Hat65

Reaction score
Johndoe said:
Hi
Using a 7020 with Gemini images (although I had the same problem with the origional sw) I cannot make the box take a static IP address, if i change the setting in the communications menu when it reboots it still displays **DHCP** on startup, if i look in the menu again it still has DHCP disabled, tried hardware and software resets and realoaded images still the same, It makes it hard to flash images, I have to use a laptop as DHCP server.

DB7020 stores two IP adresses: bootup and normal use.
To change the IP adress at bootup you have to use a null modem cable and boot up. Find a manual/instruction on the net/forums.