7e Signal Stength

trebor28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox HD, 88cm Dish with motor
My Location
North East Scotland
Hello,
Sorry to make my first post a question, but you seem like a cleaver bunch :)

Currently have a 88cm dish and can pick up digiturk channels, but at a low signal strength and quailty (about 50% Strength and 30% quality) and the picture breaks up badly. So i have decided to purchase a bigger dish - the question is how big a dish do i need?

I live right on the north east coast of scotland ariund about 50 miles from aberdeen.

Also is it possaible to motorise the larger dish?

Many thanks

Robert

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi there and :-welcome to the forum :)

Second question first. Yes it is 'easily' possible to motorise a medium sized antenna, but bear in mind physical location / mount size / windage in your site survey.

First question. Here is a link to a rough footprint of the transponder(s) you are interested in. looking like a good quality 120cm or so in your loc.

h++p://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew3a_eurb.html

Rgds

L. :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
trebor28 said:
Hello,
Sorry to make my first post a question, but you seem like a cleaver bunch :)

Currently have a 88cm dish and can pick up digiturk channels, but at a low signal strength and quailty (about 50% Strength and 30% quality) and the picture breaks up badly. So i have decided to purchase a bigger dish - the question is how big a dish do i need?

I live right on the north east coast of scotland ariund about 50 miles from aberdeen.

Also is it possaible to motorise the larger dish?

Many thanks

Robert

EIRP shows around 42dBW but think Europe B is slightly more powerful than predicted. Booming in here in the sunny Midlands with an 85cm so possibly a quality 1Mtr dish might work up there.