7w Atlantic Bird 4A

Looks good. How about Nilesat 101/102 ? Which frequencies are weak in your area ?
 
deepbluesky said:
Looks good. How about Nilesat 101/102 ? Which frequencies are weak in your area ?

For now, I can say that ab4a (except 12418V and 12476H) is stronger than Nilesat 101/102. On Nilesat, for example, I cannot receive Fox Movies but I can receive Fox Series and MBC channels without any BER.
I will give a more detailed report when I have more time.
 
Yes, that's what i've expected. Further South in Thessaloniki you can get AB4A even on a T90 centered at 19.2E without any losses. But the Nilesat 101 Verticals even cannot be received all on 1.20m. Further West a 1.20m is sufficient for all 101/102. So AB4A is much easier than those old birds.
 
From here (38.5ºN, 0.5ºW) I can receive 8 FTA channels on 10930H on the 150cm. Nothing on the 80cm though.

I probably can receive lots more but this is the only transponder I checked when answering another thread last night.

According to the map on the Eutelsat site I'm well outside the 40dbW zone so in theory I shouldn't be able to receive this at all.
 
I've just checked Nilesat 101/102.
I cannot get clear picture on any transponder on Nilesat 101.
Signal is locked but there's too much BER (over 4000) on both horizontal and vertical TPs.
On 102, I can receive vertical TPs with no BER in the morning and very little BER in the afternoon and evening.
Horizontal cannot be received, too much BER:
 

Attachments

  • 11766H.webp
    11766H.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 11785V.webp
    11785V.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 11938V.webp
    11938V.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 12149H.webp
    12149H.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 31
In the south east UK, there is an outside chance of receiving a couple of H transponders on as low as a 1m dish in the evening currently. These are 12226 H and 12303 H; they lock enough to get picture, sound and channel name but do break a lot.
 
I am in the Canaries, with an 85 cm dish , motor drive and televes box. Just last week I lost the fatafeet, MBC Persia and some other channels, is this related, and where do i have to point the dish to find them again?
Tahnx guys

BTW, I had the dish pointed at Nilesat for the above mentioned....at 7 w, has AB4 moved to 3.75 as mentioned at Lyngsat news page?
 
There has been a satellite swap and the new satellite coverage is far less favourable for western Europe.

There have also been some frequency changes, so check the frequencies you are scanning:

_http://www.flysat.com/abird4a.php

If the frequencies are correct then chances are you need a bigger dish.
 
Antenna1, Sorry to hear about the loss of ESPN channels. I too have lost them in West Africa. Unfortunately it does not look like there is much hope for regaining them at this point. I am just not willing to go to a bigger dish and I am not sure it would help based on the footprint.

_http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/7wab4a_popd.html Here is the link to that footprint.
 
bigtee said:
In the south east UK, there is an outside chance of receiving a couple of H transponders on as low as a 1m dish in the evening currently. These are 12226 H and 12303 H; they lock enough to get picture, sound and channel name but do break a lot.


ok. but this is not ab4.
this is nilesat...
 
any reports on what size dish we will need to pick this up in lanzarote as i see the footprint does not cover the canarias many thnx in advance
 
phonedoctorlanz said:
any reports on what size dish we will need to pick this up in lanzarote as i see the footprint does not cover the canarias many thnx in advance
Which satellite?
 
Wait until next week. They are launching the replacement for that satellite. My guess is you will get it with a 90cm dish no problem.
 
Nilesat 201 which is supposed to be launched on Aug 4th will replace Nilesat 101 for sure. As far as i know AB4A will be replaced in autumn 2011 by AB7. So i fear you will have to go on living with that til then. Unfortunately i have no information of which dish size is needed in Lanzarote for catching all AB4A frequencies on 24h basis.
 
Back
Top