A beginner in need

FlashGoose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Beginner
My Location
UAE
I am very new to satellite TV world. I have recently moved to Dubai, and got a satellite dish installed by someone. Now I have now idea how they did it...they actually installed 2 dishes, I was told that 1st dish receives the channels and the other decrypts it. In addition to that the guy uploaded some kind of software to the receiver using his PC...which opened the encrypted channels on Hotbird 13 & NileSat...Showtime package etc. Now everything was fine until last week. It just stopped suddenly... and the encrypted channels are blocked.

I was told by a friend that some people can upload again some software to the receiver and it will be ok again. Now I am trying to understand this magic. I went through the posts in the forum...but to be honest things did make any sense. Being a technical guy my self, I can visualize that:

1. You need a cable to connect your PC to the receiver.
2. What kind of software is uploaded to the receiver.

I am not sure if I have posted this on the right place...but I would appreciate any help to understand this magic.

Cheers

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Receivers can be patched..ie.. loaded with keys to open certan channels. But if the channel changes keys the patch becomes out of date. In that case the channels will not open and the patch must be updated or replaced with the later one. In my stickey at the top of the key section here, you will find some good key sites. Do some more reading on your type of receiver and the channels you are after.