a canadian moving to Dubai

dafunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fta,echostar, winXP
My Location
canada
I have a fortec Ultra lifetime and testing with Echostar and Nimiq (nagra2 USA & Canada), I"m leaving to Dubai and I was wondering if I would be able to test there too, please would someone from that region of the world tell me what is requiered to watch TV (western TV that is), what type of reciever do I need and is there any different tools and programs from the one we use to get Nagra2. what type of reciever's brands works perfectly for that part of the world.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
North american. Blackbird FTA receiver
My Location
Canada
I AM.

good luck in Dubai. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but I'm sure your gonna miss tv. You might look into internet broadcast for NA channels. I couldnt even find Dubai on a map, and I dont know jack about the tv there, but I bet is sucks.

The Triple dragon gets BEV or was supposed to, and you needed internet connection. I know Dreambox and TD have network cards, but I dont know much about internet tv.

take care, remeber the sun screen SPF 100 000. lol
:-window

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
North american. Blackbird FTA receiver
My Location
Canada
If your selling your Fortec, I might be interested.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I couldnt even find Dubai on a map, and I dont know jack about the tv there, but I bet is sucks.

That's fine :D.
The rest of the world have opinions of American TV too (even the ones that can use maps) :rolleyes:

L.

Gulsher Khan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARTRACK WORLD IN BOX II
My Location
PAKISTAN
Dubai is THE PLACE TO BE
I am sure you will like it
There is nothing you can't get in Dubai...........AND at a discount:)
As far TV, you will be spoiled for choice
Need not take any hardware with you

Gulsher Khan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PAKISTAN
I may further add:

For a song someone will install the whole system for you, the dish the receiver the lot. For WESTERN TV actually you need just the TV there are plenty of Englsih channels in the area BUT you get Hotbird Nilesat et al and the asociated parphernalia comes real cheap............Now you know:)

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
Saudi 2 seem to broadcast a lot of (old) american series and movies....

Gulsher Khan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PAKISTAN
Indeed Saudi 2 but better still Dubai 33, Bahrain 55

Anyone wanting to sample what is available in the Gulf area can tune in to Arabsat 3A and see for himself/herself

Again I might emphasize: taking any hardware to Dubai is just like taking a thermos full of ice to the Newfoundland on Christmas eve

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
Nookie_Monster said:
I AM.

good luck in Dubai. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but I'm sure your gonna miss tv. You might look into internet broadcast for NA channels. I couldnt even find Dubai on a map, and I dont know jack about the tv there, but I bet is sucks.

The Triple dragon gets BEV or was supposed to, and you needed internet connection. I know Dreambox and TD have network cards, but I dont know much about internet tv.

take care, remeber the sun screen SPF 100 000. lol
:-window

You did not need to try very hard....
As a matter of interest why would would you assume that the Tv would "suck" there. Just curious as to your logic
Cheers

skull

satellite freak
Reaction score
Website
www.rdi-sat.com
My Satellite Setup
4x100 cm televe's dishes,with echostar quad lnb's, INNOVATIVE I.P, humax, echolink fta and kaon receivers. super jack h2h motor.
My Location
Persian gulf
infact u can get loads of channels in dubai apart from free english channels like mbc2[24 hour english films] mbc4 [serials, soaps and operas] saudia 2, channel dubai33 is gone, cnn,bbc,euronews etc u can have the choice of subscribed packages like showtime , orbit and star digital. moreover u can receive hotbird with around 50 french channels including tps and absat and lots of mature content channels either free with some hardware or paid.:-Cbigsmil
infact u will have more choice here then ur country .but just tell the installer what r ur requirements

dafunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fta,echostar, winXP
My Location
canada
u can have the choice of subscribed packages like showtime , orbit and star digital. moreover u can receive hotbird with around 50 french channels including tps and absat and lots of mature content channels either free with some hardware or paid.

dafunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fta,echostar, winXP
My Location
canada
dafunk said:
u can have the choice of subscribed packages like showtime , orbit and star digital. moreover u can receive hotbird with around 50 french channels including tps and absat and lots of mature content channels either free with some hardware or paid.
skull I thank you for the brief explanation, but you all guys mentioning installers and dealers,but I really I wanna test on my own thats the fun of it,I would like to know what type of hardware and software do I need for this part of the world for ex. in North America( atmega, plastic,ISO Programmer etc....)(jeeper, nagravision, flashedit) those are some hardware and software we use.
please help me on that, because I'm departing soon

eshek

ucascity orphan
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
amd3500+ msi 7800gtx 300gb hd creative 5.1 1gbkingstonddr400
motorised1.7dish twin0.3invecom lnb pace500ip echostar sr200ip
nokia9600 metabox3 skystar2pci
philips stb/digiturk
My Location
cyprus
If its a company move and they are paying take everything,if you leave it behind you never get any value out of resale.
Your box will work out there just may need a pal/ntsc television,kit can be matched to it when you are there.
I live in cyprus and my wife frequently goes to dubaii with her job.
Every time she goes I have a massive wish list,what is said is true,but beware of certain chinese made clones that are available there,but showing legit brand names.
Good models out there are aplenty,look for besat gold receiver,made there under licence from metaware,model identical to metabox 3 is ideal,with twin cams and card reader.
I am sure you can get all the kit you want there as well as your existing stuff,
With a large motorised dish and good lnb such as quad 0.3 invecom you will be a very happy bunny.Just remember get as large a dish as you can afford,you wont regret it.From one sunny place to another:-beer

dafunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fta,echostar, winXP
My Location
canada
hi guys
I'm in the beautiful city of Dubai at last, and I love it, I can tell you that for sure.
Anyway, A fellow canadian expat who lives in Dubai has gave an FTA reciever (Super Star), so I was wondering if I was able to find a Bin for it somewhere. And what is the procedure to have this baby up and runnin'.
Folks, I thank you deeply for your help.

skull

satellite freak
Reaction score
Website
www.rdi-sat.com
My Satellite Setup
4x100 cm televe's dishes,with echostar quad lnb's, INNOVATIVE I.P, humax, echolink fta and kaon receivers. super jack h2h motor.
My Location
Persian gulf
dafunk said:
hi guys
I'm in the beautiful city of Dubai at last, and I love it, I can tell you that for sure.
Anyway, A fellow canadian expat who lives in Dubai has gave an FTA reciever (Super Star), so I was wondering if I was able to find a Bin for it somewhere. And what is the procedure to have this baby up and runnin'.
Folks, I thank you deeply for your help.

don't want to upset u but superstar brand is one among many which grow up like mushrooms and with the change of weather disappear quickly.
before buying a receiver now-a -days , most important is to look at the brand and company's repu.
now a days humax5400 , micro-x, astrovox, fortecstar . micromax starsat r some brands on which u can really rely upon.