A dream when I was a kid

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange how things change, having a few weeks off the lager and so, I passed by the shops today and bought some bottles of sparkling mineral water to replace the lager. As I was walking through the shop, I noticed the display of boxes of maltesers and had to buy a box, it had been one of my dreams when I was a youngster to have a whole box to myself. :D

Done it at last, just finished the box and I wish I hadn't now. :rolleyes: :-wow

Sad how these simple little dreams pass us by. :)

wurzel

Reaction score
My Location
south west uk
Hi M8,
My dream as a kid was to be a steam engine driver, but as we all know steam trains are now a thing of the past. but my memorys of seeing these great engines in the 50s and early 60s will always stay in my memory. even when i visit the local steam railway at minehead it still brings a lump in my throat. the good olde days. when i was young. im going to reach the grand old age of 54 on monday. dreams if only?. :-wave wurzel.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Strange how things change, having a few weeks off the lager

If that's what it takes to have a whole box - I'll stick with the Lager! O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I would tend to agree with you there. :)

I was just making the best of bad situation. :D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Now - how do you eat them?

I love letting all the chocolate melt off then eat the centre - it lasts longer and the taste is superb.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's pretty much the same as me, but sometimes I try and disolve the centre whilst retaining the outer chocolate. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
That honeycomb stuff in the middle diesn't compare with the real thing we used to buy when I was a kid. Big chunks of it, still warm from the little sweet shop round the corner - we used to see it made round the back.

Llew

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Happy Dreaming Rolf, Have you ever tried eating a block of hard red cheese??
Eating some before bedtime gives you nightmares. Its true!!!!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Llew said:
That honeycomb stuff in the middle diesn't compare with the real thing we used to buy when I was a kid. Big chunks of it, still warm from the little sweet shop round the corner - we used to see it made round the back.Llew
Still can see it made just down the road from me at Stockleys, trouble is when one goes for a visit one has to diet for a week after eating all the samples of cinder toffee, sarsaparilla tablets coltsfoot rock humbugs and pear drops. I was amazed at how many web outlets there are if you google for any type

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
I always wanted a whole large bottle of Dandelion and Burdock pop to myself, then when I did 1/2 way through I went right off it. Never touched it since. :-doh!

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
LMAO ... rolfw in philosophical mode :D well, to add to this intellectual cum filosofical debate ... the old wives tale, a little of what you fancy does you good, is in actual fact true. Sudden sweet tooth? = low blood sugar levels. Tie this up with the other old wives tale, everything in moderation and you have the perfect balance.

As for Maltesers. Surrounded by them O-Ha prefer the femail ones personally ;)

Maaarts

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Maltesers?

Crack the chocolate coating with a tooth, suck hard to create a vacuum inside the Malteser and then allow a little saliva to be sucked inside. Reseal the chocolate with your tongue and then wait for the saliva to dissolve the centre and the remaining vacuum to collapse the outer chocolate shell.

Excuse me, my medication is waiting.