Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400CI+ TM1500CI.Dreambox 500S HD
80CM Motorized dish
90CM Fixed dish,HotBird 13 & 28E
Sly dish for freeview
My Location
Portsmouth,Hampshire
Not been here for a while,house move,children etc.I have had to dig out my trusty old Technomate 1600CI+ and replace the TKN I was using (I misplaced the old card).Is there a specific way the card has to go in the slot eg sim facing up or down?Ive checked the old manual and there is nothing in there about it.
Thanks in advance

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I don't have a TM box to hand at the moment but I think it goes face down. It's easy to check if it is the right way though by looking in the menu for the card settings and see if it has detected the right type of card and any entitlements on the card (assuming the card isn't already clearing channels in which case it's the right way!).

g60edition

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80CM Motorized dish
Sly dish for freeview
My Location
Portsmouth,Hampshire
I don't have a TM box to hand at the moment but I think it goes face down. It's easy to check if it is the right way though by looking in the menu for the card settings and see if it has detected the right type of card and any entitlements on the card (assuming the card isn't already clearing channels in which case it's the right way!).

Thank you timo.I had put the card in with sim facing down but channels not clearing. Ill check the menu tonight or dust of the old TM5400 and give that a whirl

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Thank you timo.I had put the card in with sim facing down but channels not clearing. Ill check the menu tonight or dust of the old TM5400 and give that a whirl
Assuming the card is compatible with the 1600 and the card hasn't been used recently then it might take a while for the card to wake up. Leave it tuned to a channel that you should be able to decode for a few hours. But check in the menus first that the box is reading the card.

g60edition

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80CM Motorized dish
Sly dish for freeview
My Location
Portsmouth,Hampshire
Assuming the card is compatible with the 1600 and the card hasn't been used recently then it might take a while for the card to wake up. Leave it tuned to a channel that you should be able to decode for a few hours. But check in the menus first that the box is reading the card.

Thank you. Yes the TM was working fine with the old card in the 1600CI+ . I have the new card and its been activated and I have left on for several hrs on a channel they recommended but still getting scrambled channel message. The box is receiving free channels. I might dust off the TM5400 and give that a go before I call the supplier of the card