a question about sky?

P

PipiSATTV

On the site:
http://www.lefdata.com/ci_ca/
under "CI MODULES" section

There is a POD Cam for NDS Videoguard.

Does this mean that with this cam i would be able to watch Sky digita on a reciever or a pc dvb-s card that has a common interface option.(plus an original card ofcourse)?

:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This was all I could see on the site, which bit were you looking at?

As far as the digital decoder for Sky Digital UK ( Sky Digibox ) is concerned, it uses a new CAM Module which is called NDS Videoguard. This system is a no removable part of the Digibox and it can be possessed only by buying it from Sky Digital dealers. In the future the system is expected also as CI module. Other offerers those in NDS send are: "Stream" in Italy, "OTE" in Greece and "YES" in Israel.

Sorry, the POD section just loaded, it didn't the first time, I don't think that this will be any use in the UK market, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable will explain what the unit is capable of.

P

PipiSATTV

Does really no one have any idea what's this cam useful for?

Please someone explain it to me!:confused

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London