A tiny question about the 'data' column in Dreamboxedit

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
I've got the Dreamboxedit software up and running (had to do a bit of searching before learning that I had to choose 'Enigma2 settings' as the option for 'Reset dreambox file paths to their defaults for'.

Wonder of wonders, I even managed to get a network connection between the dreambox and the software.

I'm using Dreamboxedit to delete unwanted channels at the moment. I have just one little question. The third column in the main window is called 'type', of which there are three: TV, radio, and data.

Is it OK to delete these data files if/when they're associated with the TV/radio channels I'm deleting anyway?

Quite a few of these data files don't seem to be connected with any TV or radio provider. Does anybody know what they do?

:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Data streams can be anything from epg streams for the sky & freesat services to the stuff behind the red button on numerous channells, advers, and broadcast channels.

Depending on the level of your subs you can get the red button Sky Sports services, and the BBC interactive stream (Stream0 - Stream 6 - which of course are fta)

Even if you delete them they will come back next time you run a scan

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dog said:
We had to reduce the time allowed - we found spammers were posting innocuous messages to get around the word filters then changing the messages later!

Ive changed it for you :)

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Before deleting 'data' services, check that you are not deleting any of the HD channels you've scanned in. I dont know why, but they being tagged as 'data' on my system.

Attachments

• datatag.jpg
    datatag.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
Thanks to all for enlightenment! It looks like most of these unattached data files can be safely consigned to the rubbish bin. By the way, the only Sky offering available to me where I live is the the Sky news channel.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
[quote name='Dog's dinner']Thanks to all for enlightenment! It looks like most of these unattached data files can be safely consigned to the rubbish bin. By the way, the only Sky offering available to me where I live is the the Sky news channel.[/QUOTE]

Are you watching 19E then?

Dog's dinner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 HDD
My Location
Norway
Yepp, 19E, 28E and 13E. No cable TV and only a few terrestrial channels (I live a few hundred metres away from the local transmission mast so reception is brilliant).