2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi chaps.. I've been waiting for some time now for the 7025 to get a bit of development . I'm about ready to buy I think. I'll be getting it with a sat tuner and cable tuner. My biggest concern is my ART sub. Is there currently a softcam that will run my viaccess ART sport card on the 7025 ?

Other than that I guess it will be fine.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi guys, I've ordered my 7025 from _http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk yesterday, they tell me it will arrive tomorrow. I've payed £399 for the box with 1 sat tuner and 1 cable tuner. My idea for this post is to log my progress as I learn the box , and to share with the board my trials and tribulations of setting up this box from scratch. I have about 9 months experience with my dreambox 500-s so I still have a lot to learn. I'll keep you guys posted on my travels.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
OK guys , the new 7025 has been delivered. It came the day after I ordered it from _www.dreamboxshop.co.uk so firstly I can recommend those guys.

Here's my finding so far.

A. First job was to flash the box to Gemini 2 Project v1.70 . I used latest version of dreamup which quotes that its 7025 compatible. I used a null modem lead and a cat5 crossover cable connected directly to my laptop.

1 . Start dreamup.
2 . Check the 'Use Network' box
3 . Used default settings for PC and Dreambox IP address.
4 . Click connect, Dreamup loads the flash loader via null modem ( I assume ) , then it reports box is in Network mode.
5 . Click flash, this asks for your image file, select GP2 V1.70.
6 . Got a message 'Calcualting Checksum' and here it seem to freeze !
7 . Closed everything down , started again.
8 . Got to freeze point , only this time the 'Calcualting Checksum' message was only displayed for a second, then it started to upload the image file.
9 . Using the network mode this took just a couple of seconds.
10. Then it continued to flash the new image to the box.
11. Power off the box and restart.
12. It booted up just fine and ran me through the basic setup wizard.

At this point I decided not yet to scan for anything. As I have a cable tuner in my DM7025 I wanted to tackle that first. Now, because of board rules I cannot go into detail regarding this tuner so If I can help anyone at all on that score then please do send a PM.

B. Next was to setup the network for the dreambox.

1. In the settings menu I setup an IP address, mask , and set the gateway to the IP number of my router.
2. I tested the connection by FTPing into the box using FlashFxP. This worked fine.
3. Now to try the blue panel. Trying to download anything via the blue panel failed with the message 'No Such Host'
4. This is most likely due to the manual IP addresses I had set. So, I tried setting to DHCP which takes all its info from the router. It worked ! Blue panel now functioning properly.
5. I went on to install Evocamd 2.11 from the blue panel. There's some nice stuff in the blue panel menu , but I don't see anything for keys. Looks like I'm gonna have to add them manually.

C. Seting up the DVB-s Tuner And Diseqc Motor

My priority with the Sat tuner was to get setup on the Hotbird at 13e because I have a subscription to ART sport. So I want to get this ready for the premiership starting in 2 weeks.

1. From the blue menu goto plugins and select positioner setup.
2. I got the strongest transponder for hotbird from the list here and entered the parameters into the tune page. Knowing my dish tracks ok from before (using DM500s) it was easy to line it up to the hotbird watching the signal strength values as I moved it with the remote. Lined up and locked with both at about 90%
3. Now I did a channel scan and it found in the region of 2200 channels , can't remember exactly how many.
4. Now I could select ART Sports from the list of channels on hotbird 13E
5. I started evocamd 2.11 with my ART sport card inserted into the DM7025 and waited with anticipation......... NOTHING !
6. I tried the card in the other slot ....... NOTHING ! Damn it.
7. I restarted the box , still nothing.
8. Went back to blue panel installed SCAM.
9. Started newly installed scam emu.
10. BINGO ! ART SPORTS working just fine.

Now to setup more sat positions and scan transponders. The story will continue next , most likely onto the subject of keys... To Be Continued..

spuey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm transparent dish
jaeger h to h motor
v box
dreambox 7025 300gig hdd
My Location
uk
sounds like your having fun :D

Kosiiii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025 and Macbook
My Location
Norway
B16MCC said:
OK guys , the new 7025 has been delivered. It came the day after I ordered it from _www.dreamboxshop.co.uk so firstly I can recommend those guys.

Here's my finding so far.

A. First job was to flash the box to Gemini 2 Project v1.70 . I used latest version of dreamup which quotes that its 7025 compatible. I used a null modem lead and a cat5 crossover cable connected directly to my laptop.

1 . Start dreamup.
2 . Check the 'Use Network' box
3 . Used default settings for PC and Dreambox IP address.
4 . Click connect, Dreamup loads the flash loader via null modem ( I assume ) , then it reports box is in Network mode.
5 . Click flash, this asks for your image file, select GP2 V1.70.
6 . Got a message 'Calcualting Checksum' and here it seem to freeze !
7 . Closed everything down , started again.
8 . Got to freeze point , only this time the 'Calcualting Checksum' message was only displayed for a second, then it started to upload the image file.
9 . Using the network mode this took just a couple of seconds.
10. Then it continued to flash the new image to the box.
11. Power off the box and restart.
12. It booted up just fine and ran me through the basic setup wizard.

At this point I decided not yet to scan for anything. As I have a cable tuner in my DM7025 I wanted to tackle that first. Now, because of board rules I cannot go into detail regarding this tuner so If I can help anyone at all on that score then please do send a PM.

B. Next was to setup the network for the dreambox.

1. In the settings menu I setup an IP address, mask , and set the gateway to the IP number of my router.
2. I tested the connection by FTPing into the box using FlashFxP. This worked fine.
3. Now to try the blue panel. Trying to download anything via the blue panel failed with the message 'No Such Host'
4. This is most likely due to the manual IP addresses I had set. So, I tried setting to DHCP which takes all its info from the router. It worked ! Blue panel now functioning properly.
5. I went on to install Evocamd 2.11 from the blue panel. There's some nice stuff in the blue panel menu , but I don't see anything for keys. Looks like I'm gonna have to add them manually.

C. Seting up the DVB-s Tuner And Diseqc Motor

My priority with the Sat tuner was to get setup on the Hotbird at 13e because I have a subscription to ART sport. So I want to get this ready for the premiership starting in 2 weeks.

1. From the blue menu goto plugins and select positioner setup.
2. I got the strongest transponder for hotbird from the list here and entered the parameters into the tune page. Knowing my dish tracks ok from before (using DM500s) it was easy to line it up to the hotbird watching the signal strength values as I moved it with the remote. Lined up and locked with both at about 90%
3. Now I did a channel scan and it found in the region of 2200 channels , can't remember exactly how many.
4. Now I could select ART Sports from the list of channels on hotbird 13E
5. I started evocamd 2.11 with my ART sport card inserted into the DM7025 and waited with anticipation......... NOTHING !
6. I tried the card in the other slot ....... NOTHING ! Damn it.
7. I restarted the box , still nothing.
8. Went back to blue panel installed SCAM.
9. Started newly installed scam emu.
10. BINGO ! ART SPORTS working just fine.

Now to setup more sat positions and scan transponders. The story will continue next , most likely onto the subject of keys... To Be Continued..

Hello there.

My first post and I want to say hello to everyone.

I have some questions :confused

How is it possible that when I check for satelites from the one tuner I get up to 50% and from the other one 30 % ??

When I go at Tuner configurations, under Tuner A and under Tuner B it sais : Nothing connected?

A little bit confused on how I will make my dreambox 7025 start 'O'

I have doen the flashing and the rest of it ...

dazzlet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
itgate 220
dreambox 8000 hd
pc runnuing windows vista
My Location
uk
hi mate can you send me a pm i seem to be unable to send a pm to you for some reason

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant use pm yet - you havent been a member long enough yet, and havent made enough posts.

We had to introduce these rules after a spate of nusance pm's where new sign ups were pestering the members for one thing and another a while back

dazzlet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
itgate 220
dreambox 8000 hd
pc runnuing windows vista
My Location
uk
ah i see ok mate thanks