About to buy.

porlbarker

Reaction score
Greetings.This is my first message,so please be gentle.
I am about to purchase a new digital set up and fancy getting the Manhattan
starlight 6900 u-cas ci with positioner.Would this be a good move or would I be better served with a viacess embedded.I want a good selection of sattelites to access.Any useful advice is welcome.porlbarker.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a big favourite among the members here, although in fairness probably not many of them own one:) There are so many good receivers out there, it would be very difficult to pick one over and above the rest.

Whether you should be looking for an embedded encryption, will depend on what other equipment, cards, programmers etc, that you are thinking of buying.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
If you are looking for a wide choice of viewing, take a look at an Xtreme PVR...initialy I was going to buy a Manhattan but the Xtreme came out on top!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
waverider said:
If you are looking for a wide choice of viewing, take a look at an Xtreme PVR...initialy I was going to buy a Manhattan but the Xtreme came out on top!

If I was going out tomorrow to buy a receiver, I would get an Xtreme Hornet. At the moment I drive a Force 1122s with EMB Conax and Via, but when Santa comes to this house at Xmass he will have a Hornet under his arm.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
@ Razor be careful m8 as there are different models.....and each do vary with the embedded cams etc....the PVR ranges I feel have the best packages!