abu dhabi sport - UK

Barry Young said:
I take it you will require the mounting etc?

Yes mate i do, unless they give me a mount that connects to a 3inch pole, although 3inch may be a tad small for a 2.4m lol
 
garyg said:
Yes mate i do, unless they give me a mount that connects to a 3inch pole, although 3inch may be a tad small for a 2.4m lol

Gary, 2.4mt dish €790 plus stand €55. Not delivered but there are plenty of small shippers who would put it on the back of their load for a smallish fee.
 
garyg said:
Yes mate i do, unless they give me a mount that connects to a 3inch pole, although 3inch may be a tad small for a 2.4m lol
Barry is probably talking about a Famaval. A CM 2.4m is the same price* here as there. Kingpost for the Famaval is 1m x 100mm.

* 2500€ + VAT (450€) + shipping. _http://demon-multimedia.com/productos/productos.asp?ids=4&idsession=BHIJ78OE34569
 
sorry huevos i didnt read properly you post above i was in a rush,,yes indeed Black Ultra beats Invacom for the performance on CM180,,im still waiting for the new Black Pro C120 to arrive from Tecatel last week they promised me couple to try..still waiting
 
There is some on there for 750 euros...

are they any good or just cheap crap things?
 
Huevos said:
Barry is probably talking about a Famaval. A CM 2.4m is the same price* here as there. Kingpost for the Famaval is 1m x 100mm.

* 2500€ + VAT (450€) + shipping. _http://demon-multimedia.com/productos/productos.asp?ids=4&idsession=BHIJ78OE34569

The dish I am talking about is manufactured in Portugal (good quality). Same a mine but I don't know what make it is. My expertise in these issues is poor as I am not technically minded. All I know is that I have had mine for eight years or so with no problems whatsoever.
 
Barry Young said:
The dish I am talking about is manufactured in Portugal (good quality). Same a mine but I don't know what make it is. My expertise in these issues is poor as I am not technically minded. All I know is that I have had mine for eight years or so with no problems whatsoever.

I rang the suppliers for a price before sending the post, so it's correct.
 
Cheers mate, if you could confirm the price, also price shipped to UK as I cant imagine that is going to be cheap? lol
 
garyg said:
There is some on there for 750 euros...

are they any good or just cheap crap things?
750€ + VAT. That's a Famaval dish. The majority of installers here use them for Astra 2D. It's probably the cheapest dish that actually works. One of the big differences is if a Famaval falls over it is wrecked. If a CM fell over it would normally still be in good shape.

Barry Young said:
The dish I am talking about is manufactured in Portugal (good quality).
It's a Famaval.
 
well as supermario has pointed out lj,s are clearly advertising all abu,s matches on nilesat,s 101 and 102..
weird..cos these transponder freq,s dont yet exist...101..12091 v 27500 5/6..102.12111 h 27500 5/6
but if its true its great news for us in the uk cos the v,s bloomin boom in on my dish....
 
Ah i see.

Well its lucky i have just sourced a 2.4M channel master, + mount, everything needed for a VERY good price!

Hoping to have it here by friday!
 
terriers said:
well as supermario has pointed out lj,s are clearly advertising all abu,s matches on nilesat,s 101 and 102..
weird..cos these transponder freq,s dont yet exist...101..12091 v 27500 5/6..102.12111 h 27500 5/6
but if its true its great news for us in the uk cos the v,s bloomin boom in on my dish....

You got to remember at the moment only the ADMC official box can be used, and the tuner is WEAK!

I get 70% on channels on my TM, on the ADMC box i get 40% Thats 30% less! :(

If it was a decent tuner id have signals flying in at 68-70% :(
 
Huevos said:
750€ + VAT. That's a Famaval dish. The majority of installers here use them for Astra 2D. It's probably the cheapest dish that actually works. One of the big differences is if a Famaval falls over it is wrecked. If a CM fell over it would normally still be in good shape.

It's a Famaval.

It could well be a famaval. Site it on a concrete plinth, bolted in with rawl bolts or similar and it's no problem. Mine has sat here in the high winds that we have on this coast in winter, for eight years with no problems whatsoever. If you are talking 3000 GBP or €997 including IVA. I know which I would go for.
 
garyg said:
Very interesting!

I have just been offered a complete 2.4M Channel Master + mount for £1000 so I am going to buy it

thats a cracking price m8 ,,is it brand new??
 
Just proves all the tweaking with dishes,LNBs and cabling and it ends up that the tuners are crap.Had the same experience with the MVision HD200C.Satellites were dropping off at a rate of knots.Bought a Technomate 5400 Super and couldn't believe the signal difference.Reckon a good independant review/roundup should be done of receivers so members don't waste their hard earned readies buying junk.Getting BADR 26e here in Dublin with a signal quality of 60% yet it was barely registering with the MVision STB.Receiver sensitivity is king I say.Not much point putting a silencer (Inverto LNB) onto a water pistol.
 
pipino said:
thats a cracking price m8 ,,is it brand new??

I am not sure yet, The guy got it off ebay, but its to big for him so needs to sell it.

I am waiting for some pictures of it
 
garyg said:
I am not sure yet, The guy got it off ebay, but its to big for him so needs to sell it.

I am waiting for some pictures of it

I'm pleased you got fixed up. No shipping chage either.
 
Back
Top