abu dhabi sport - UK

What about receiving the signal on the Costa Blanca in Spain? Would that be possible if you can't get it in England?
 
Barry Young said:
What about receiving the signal on the Costa Blanca in Spain? Would that be possible if you can't get it in England?

have a look at _www.dishpointer.com , set your postal/zip/address etc and it will give you a list of available sats and dish sizes for your location.
 
Barry Young said:
What about receiving the signal on the Costa Blanca in Spain? Would that be possible if you can't get it in England?
That's already answered in post #70.
 
JOHN896 said:
From the test on 7.2 West is there any evidence that the channels will move to 7.0 West,it would make more sense
for it to stay on 7.2 West from Admc Sports point of view.
7.2 won't exist in a few weeks. It's only there because two satellite operators (Nilesat and Eutelsat) can't have their satellites in the same parking box (as per ITU regulations). Same thing at 28ºE.
 
so we have to hope the feeds will actually be at 7W and able to get them in uk :D
 
garyg said:
do you have any idea of when we may know? because i cant find anything.

What about canal digital 1W? I read they have all games but only via cable and not satellite? Not sure how correct that is

Canal Digital Finland (at 0.8W) have the rights for EPL on satellite here in Finland.
 
i believe they wont have all the games tho. that backs up my earlier status that 1W will not show every game!

Canal digital do have all the rights, but only on cable not satellite
 
JOHN896 said:
11766 H Dvbs2 27500 26 East Badr 6, Abu Dhabi Sports Hd Promo 5-10.No signal with a 2.4m Dish.

I think it may be down John, like you I was getting signal when it had a 6,000 symbol rate on a CM 1.8m. Can't see why we would be able to get it on 6,000 and not 27,500 SR.

The tests were on off when at 6,000. King of sat has the transponder set as "Occasional Feeds, data or inactive frequency" with a SR of 27,500
 
what signal was you getting on the 1.8 mate, your only in london so not far from me
 
garyg said:
what signal was you getting on the 1.8 mate, your only in london so not far from me

I live in North London near the M25, so a little East and North of you to give you a better idea of my location. I'm using a Vantage 8000 HD box and was getting in excess of 80% quality, 70% is the threshold on this box. However I know I can do better than this as I moved the dish round from 7w and the battery went dead on my meter so I haven't had a chance to make the fine adjustments yet.

Just hoping I am right in post #91 about the transponder being down.
 
you was getting 80% on 26E?

Wow, maybe il give up on 7W and mount for 26E!!

will i do better or worse then you being further down south? I use technomates and channel master 1.8 matched feedhorn etc
 
michael01707 said:
I think it may be down John, like you I was getting signal when it had a 6,000 symbol rate on a CM 1.8m. Can't see why we would be able to get it on 6,000 and not 27,500 SR.

The tests were on off when at 6,000. King of sat has the transponder set as "Occasional Feeds, data or inactive frequency" with a SR of 27,500
Shannon's Information Therorum shows that as you increase the data rate you need you need more signal to overcome noise. Going up in symbol rate means higher data rate hence you would need more signal to maintain data integrity. Also you need to look at error correction. Currently that transponder is at 5/6 FEC. What was the FEC when the symbol rate was 6000? Maybe 2/3. Here, where I am, we get identical signal levels off EB1 and Astra 2D but EB1 only needs an 80cm dish and Astra 2D at least a 1.5m just because the FEC is different.

Re 26ºE 11766H: it is currently transmitting (27500 FEC 5/6) carrying 5 channels flagged as encrypted and labelled as "Service 1 thru 5 HD", receivable here on a 1.5m dish at MER 11.1dB.
 
I still cannot believe AD Sports have not released concrete information on the 7W details, its 1 month to the season.

They seem VERY un organised... I read that they havent even confirmed presenters, or how they will provide match side reports etc.

From what I understand, they were a very basic media company on FTA services... this will be a HUGE increase in costs for them! I hope they are not struggling.
 
The further south you are the better, 80% on this receiver isn't brilliant. I think super technomate models have the more sensitive tuners.
 
It was 5/6 before but what you have there is interesting. I'm getting a fluctuating signal at the moment. Also got trees near which could be affecting things. I need to have a go at the fine adjustments.
 
michael01707 said:
The further south you are the better, 80% on this receiver isn't brilliant. I think super technomate models have the more sensitive tuners.

how is signal looking today? anything? as its been confirmed there active
 
michael01707 said:
It was 5/6 before but what you have there is interesting. I'm getting a fluctuating signal at the moment. Also got trees near which could be affecting things. I need to have a go at the fine adjustments.

let me know mate as for me to get 26e would mean redoing the dish mounting, but if signal is better il go for it. Obviously once i find out whats going on with nilesat
 
_www.admcsport.com/en looks to be the offical site - details about how their presentation will be on cable / satellite and tinkernet...
 
they have updated the website because before it said it was not the official site in the top right.

but also I cannot see any news as to what satellites, but I have emailed them
 
Back
Top