abu dhabi sport - UK

Barry Young said:
Hi woborny, Where are you on the Costa Blanca? When you get any positives on the situation, would you be good enough to let me know?

Barry, I am between Alicante and Valencia.
And where we are we should have no problems with a 85 or 1m dish to get the Nilesats or Arabsats - reception will be a lot better then in the UK, which these chaps are discussing.
Just keep an eye on this thread, as it is expected they will offically announce this week...they say the 15th.
 
do you know where they will release the info mate?
 
Woborny, thank you for the info. I'm in Altea, so not very far from yourself.
I will keepan eye on the posts.
Thanks again.
 
you might as well wait garyg until early august when 201 goes up...its gonna be truly on 7w for starters,and i would imagine they would want to offer the same coverage area as of 101/102...why would they want to make it so hard for us to receive in the uk when there is only probably at most a couple of hundred of us able to receive it?...for all we know the new abu chnls could be on vertical transponders making it even easier to receive...
 
Hi , I have been watching Showtime for the last three years from the UK, As mentioned by previous members you will not get AB4A from the UK unless you have a large dish, I have a Channel Master 2.4m and cant pick up anything from this bird. It does seem rather odd that if ADMC Sports are going to use Nilesat 201 at 7w and the launch date is August the 3rd it does not give the dealers a lot of time to organise this when the season is only a few days away, I have not tried 26East Bad 6 yet but i believe somebody from Wales is pulling in decent signal on a 2.4m, I might try this out in the next week or so, My only concern is that we have some big oak trees at the back of our garden which might effect the signal.

Do we know if Visat ( sweedish package ) have english commentary of the football.
 
kimbo said:
Hi , I have been watching Showtime for the last three years from the UK, As mentioned by previous members you will not get AB4A from the UK unless you have a large dish, I have a Channel Master 2.4m and cant pick up anything from this bird. It does seem rather odd that if ADMC Sports are going to use Nilesat 201 at 7w and the launch date is August the 3rd it does not give the dealers a lot of time to organise this when the season is only a few days away, I have not tried 26East Bad 6 yet but i believe somebody from Wales is pulling in decent signal on a 2.4m, I might try this out in the next week or so, My only concern is that we have some big oak trees at the back of our garden which might effect the signal.

Do we know if Visat ( sweedish package ) have english commentary of the football.

Viasat will be english and sweedish from what i believe mate but dont hold me to it
 
terriers said:
you might as well wait garyg until early august when 201 goes up...its gonna be truly on 7w for starters,and i would imagine they would want to offer the same coverage area as of 101/102...why would they want to make it so hard for us to receive in the uk when there is only probably at most a couple of hundred of us able to receive it?...for all we know the new abu chnls could be on vertical transponders making it even easier to receive...

Hi mate,

Yes that is my plan, mainly because of the 2 reasons you stated:

1 - It will be true 7W as AB4A will go to hotbird 13
2 - Nilesat 201 is not practicle at all to beam the footy to, it is launched 9 days before the season starts, what if there is a delay?

I just feel its rediculous that so close to the season there is no concrete info on 7w!!
 
woborny said:
where we are we should have no problems with a 85 or 1m dish to get the Nilesats
Not a chance of 7.2ºW on a 1m dish, i.e. 369 channels out of 806.
 
Huevos said:
Not a chance of 7.2ºW on a 1m dish, i.e. 369 channels out of 806.

As I said the Nilesats are OK.
201 hopefully.
And like everyone has said on here AB4 is the one that you must hope they do not go on to.
 
kimbo said:
Do we know if Visat ( sweedish package ) have english commentary of the football.

From what I understand, they won't.
 
Hi Guy's,

I am trying to see what the signal and quality levels are like on my 1M dish for Viasat Sweden at 4.8e, I seem to be picking up Viasat Football Level 56% Quality 54%.Viasat Sport 11977v 27500 3/4 Level 55% Quality 53%, Viasat Football 12092v 27500 3/4 Level 57% Quality 58%, However when i try and scan 12399v 27500 2/3 and 12456h 27500 3/4 for Viasat Sport in HD I have no level or quality, Is this because it is a HD channel or I will need a bigger dish to pick up the HD channels.

Many thanks for your help.
 
I think you need a bigger dish for the new hd channels mate
 
garyg said:
Hi mate,

Yes that is my plan, mainly because of the 2 reasons you stated:

1 - It will be true 7W as AB4A will go to hotbird 13
2 - Nilesat 201 is not practicle at all to beam the footy to, it is launched 9 days before the season starts, what if there is a delay?

I just feel its rediculous that so close to the season there is no concrete info on 7w!!

Abu Dhabi Sports is testing on AB4A on 11449H. Usually when a new satellite starts up at an existing position the channels move over with the same frequencies, symbol rates etc as the satellite ceasing at that position to cause minimum inconvenience to the satellite viewer. I would expect the Abu Dhabi Sports channels to launch on the new nilesat at 11449H.
 
Do you think nilesat 201 will have signal like 101 and 102?
 
Kimbo, I am able to pull in all the HD Nordic beams from this sat with my 1M.

I did have to slightly adjust the LNB skew to get 12399V though.
 
65% signal for Admc Sport,it`s chucking it down with rain.
 
are you getting clear picture or breaking up?

chucking with rain here to today! wheres the sun gone!

I spoke to my satellite card dealer earlier and he says they dont expect any 7w news until end of the month :(

P.S on showtime last season, 40% Signal + was enough to get picture, is that the same for 26E feeds you got? If so i think i could pull it easy...
 
I have got no picture because it`s encrypt.
 
Back
Top