abu dhabi sport - UK

Just received this email makes interesting reading.

Initially ADMC Sport are only releasing Humax HD receivers with built in SIM style smartcard with 12 months subscription.
Later in the year they say they will release traditional smartcard only option which will allow the customer to source
his own receiver but they are leading us to believe it will still need to be a Humax HD Irdeto receiver.

Apparently the sim cards are siliconed into the mainboard of the receiver and we are told they will only function in this manner.
This means that any form of cardsplitters or cardsharing methods will not work.
 
JOHN896 said:
Just received this email makes interesting reading.

Initially ADMC Sport are only releasing Humax HD receivers with built in SIM style smartcard with 12 months subscription.
Later in the year they say they will release traditional smartcard only option which will allow the customer to source
his own receiver but they are leading us to believe it will still need to be a Humax HD Irdeto receiver.

Apparently the sim cards are siliconed into the mainboard of the receiver and we are told they will only function in this manner.
This means that any form of cardsplitters or cardsharing methods will not work.

Sod this... To much hassle, Viasat HD for me!

Same servers, ok its about £400 more per box, but signal here is 80%+!
 
So do I understand correctly, that I won't be able to access A. D. sports with my HD Dreambox?
 
Barry Young said:
So do I understand correctly, that I won't be able to access A. D. sports with my HD Dreambox?

No mate not if the smartcard is embedded!

However, my supplier seems to think that info is wrong and there is infact a card.

The other option is opening up the box, getting the chip out and plastic welding it to another smartcard for use in card readers.

But that all depends how skillfull you are
 
My technical ability is almost Zero, but thanks for the info.
 
it wouldnt be very hard, could be done with a soldering iron.

But then again whats to say there wont just be a smartcard inside the box lol.

Its so pointless as either way there is still going to be the chip somewhere and hackers/cardsharers/card splitters will always find a way
 
I will await developments. As you say, someone will crack it sooner or later. Untill then i will have to put up with the games that are available through Sky Italia etc.
 
well im on 26E now...

From going off John, and other channels im only looking about 45% signal in clear weather on ADMC.

So It probly looks like Viasat for me wich is a shame as its big £££
 
also you wont have english commentary..so naff really!!! upgrade to 2.4m dish and ur sorted if ur getting 45% now then it,l be miles stronger on a 2.4m....the cost of viasat over 3years is horendous!!
 
Viasat have got English com now mate on all EPL games according to them.

If a 2.4M dish pops up used il get one but I cant afford a 2.4M dish + cards + 6 HD recievers etc.

Atleast with Viasat I get the HD recievers to.

I will buy 2 or 3 Viasat and find another provider for the other 3 x 3pms.
 
The "test" signals on 7.2 west (Atlanticbird) are test signals.

It has been reported that the final channels will be on Nilesat 101 (and then replaced by Nilesat 201)

Sorry that is the only info i have.

The "cards" attached to the main board are not siliconed in but are the size of a mobile Sim card and held in a chip holder as shown on page _www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/product_stb_satellite_ir1010hd.asp.


Cheers
 
trigger said:
The "test" signals on 7.2 west (Atlanticbird) are test signals.

It has been reported that the final channels will be on Nilesat 101 (and then replaced by Nilesat 201)

Sorry that is the only info i have.

The "cards" attached to the main board are not siliconed in but are the size of a mobile Sim card and held in a chip holder as shown on page _www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/product_stb_satellite_ir1010hd.asp.


Cheers

Wow really??

So when will it go live on nilesat 101??

And regarding the sims, lucky i have some dragon cams ;) They have support for the sim modules, glad i never binned them :P

Where did you get that info mate?
 
Abu Dhabi Sports FTA is showing Man City this morning, why not give it a go?
 
fergyc said:
Abu Dhabi Sports FTA is showing Man City this morning, why not give it a go?

On what satellite?

Abu dhabi sports has always been 7W but not the new admc sports?
 
On 26e 11804, the old one though. Thought you might have wanted to try it
 
Oh sorry mate, yeh i can get them channels mate :)

But the new HD ones are weaker :(
 
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've been reading your posts for a while and noticed this lack of info regarding Abu Dhabi's new HD sports channels. I've registered my email with them for a while now and hoping I get updated with detailed info on how to receive the channels but none yet.

Also check their site quite a few times a day and noticed how the card option disappeared, then resurrected, only to make its way to la la land again.

Don't get what is going on. Tbh I think they're confused. First they give us both options and pricing at dh999 and dh370, then were only left with the one dh999 option.

Noticed how they say its available in major electronics stores. Based on that, I've went to major and minor ones, and none have it yet. Some saying they'll receive them at the start of next month, while others say sometimes this week.

My only gripe here is, I surely don't want to be forced to buy the dh999 option. I do have a HD receiver, Fortec Star Innovation, and I've watched the World Cup in HD on it, plus other HD signals as well. Irdeto card obviously works on it so I've no idea why they're not letting us HD receiver owners take up the card only option.

About their new HD channels, I've managed to find 5 of them on Badr 6 11766H 5/6, under the names of Service 1-5 HD. Maybe they're only test channels, and may end up on other frequencies, no idea.

Anyway, I'll try my best to keep you updated on this.
 
Thanks for the info mate.

Being in Abu Dhabi, you are a valuable source of information for us. Please keep us updated, especially about when AD Sports become available in electronic stores, etc...
 
I have spent the last hour adjusting my dish on 26 East and it paid off,i can confirm i have signal back on 11766 H DVB-S2/QPSK 27500 5/6 new channels came up on the scan Ad Sport 3-7 Hd came up.And on 11823 V DVB-S2/8PSK 27500 5/6 Ad Sport 8 HD,Ad Wild Hd,Ad Nat Geo Adv Hd,Ad Fox Movies Hd,Ad Sky News Hd.Signal came in around 70% the weather outside very overcast and cloudy.
 
Back
Top