Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment :(
My Location
Berkshire
Here mate picture attached.

Also, just spoke to Tech Digital, it appears admc have put really shit tuners on the box to stop people on weak signals getting signal.

For perfect 24/7 UK signal all reports are pointing towards a 2.4M dish. a 2M dish would do it if anyone knows any, 1.8M is a tiny bit to small.

Attachments

• IMG00495-20100802-2054.jpg
    IMG00495-20100802-2054.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 77

terriers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600,tm5400
2.4m on nilesat
1.8m on 36e
90cm motorised
My Location
worksop notts
so if you buy another none official humax box the tuner will be better and they should still pair the card for you as it is a humax!!..i,v fitted a lot of freesat humax boxes..and found the tuners to be quite sensitive..

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Really?

Do you think they can pair the card to another box if my supplier speaks to them? As now he has given them my card and box num.

Also, what decent humax HD recievers are there?

terriers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600,tm5400
2.4m on nilesat
1.8m on 36e
90cm motorised
My Location
worksop notts
from what i have been reading on this..as long as the box is humax the card can be paired...i also know of a company in sheffield who repair their own sat receivers and would be able to put you a new tuner in your existing box..they are called solutions..in handsworth

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
did you try the card in a irdeto cam, did you get any card info ?

I have a old model hdci 2000 humax and didn't think the tuner was up to much compared with other receivers I have used, they could be better now in newer models like already said the freesat receiver.

is the card active, as do you have any linux receivers running cccam etc to see what that does ?

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
terriers said:
from what i have been reading on this..as long as the box is humax the card can be paired...i also know of a company in sheffield who repair their own sat receivers and would be able to put you a new tuner in your existing box..they are called solutions..in handsworth

Thank you! I will give them a ring tomorrow as if the tuner can be swapped out for a better one that fixes all my problems!!

Are you sure they can swap the tuner over? Is it a complex process? Id be willing to drive down with the box and have them do it if they are sure they can do it!

wod said:
did you try the card in a irdeto cam, did you get any card info ?

I have a old model hdci 2000 humax and didn't think the tuner was up to much compared with other receivers I have used, they could be better now in newer models like already said the freesat receiver.

is the card active, as do you have any linux receivers running cccam etc to see what that does ?

Hi mate,

My card is still not active however john tried it in technomate with and without cams and it would not decode.

It picked the card up but did not work.

I have a TM600 Linux, but its not HD :(

kimbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500, 90cm Dish, Mesh Computer ART, Digit Alb, Fortec 2.4m Dish
Channel Master 2.4m, Showtime.
My Location
West Midlands
Hi Message to John 896, Do you get any picture break up, I have had Showtime for the last three years on a 2.4 channel master based in the midlands however when it rained heavy the quality on my Technomate 1500 would drop to below 38% which would leave me with out a picture, Have you witnesed any picture break up yet and if so what quality, Nilesat 201 is about to launch in the next few days so i will see what the signal is then before i move my dish to 26e.

Cheers guys for info.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
terriers said:

Could you link me to the company? I cannot find any info on them online

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
i know aljazeera sport have an official box with Irdeto system in ,what about the tuner on that box??? ...from one of the pictures aboves the chap had that box..you can clearly read aljazeera sports at the back

terriers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600,tm5400
2.4m on nilesat
1.8m on 36e
90cm motorised
My Location
worksop notts
_http://www.solutionssheffield.co.uk

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
Interesting that it has Al Jazeera Sport's website on the back of the box. I reckon these boxes were originally designed and manufactured for use on Al Jazeera Sport. As for the rubbish tuners, I reckon that's just a case of the boxes being manufactured as cheaply as possible. When you think that you can get a 12 month sub and HD box for about £175 in the UAE from a supermarket, then the box is never going to be the best. It doesn't matter to the intended users. A good quality HD PVR receiver will cost in excess of £250 / £300 alone, although there is no VAT in the Emirates (yet!).

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks terriers i will speak to them tomorrow.

Does anyone know a humax with a good strong tuner?

As for alzajeera! Ha! Great spot! They must be crap nockoffs al jazeera didnt want :p

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
terriers said:
_http://www.solutionssheffield.co.uk

Also,

Do you know what tuner i should ask for? Or will they have a good understanding of wat ime after?

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
if as they claim that the card will work in any Humax with Irdeto CAS in ,i would seriously try the Humax FOX HD-IR (from the austrian market ORF) i have a freesat HD FOX and i can confirm that the tuner is a winner for fringe area may be the irdeto cas version is too

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
_http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/product_stb_satellite_hdfoxir.asp

This one?

If so, where could I get one in the UK?

jcm193

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertinti 1.25 and a Channel Master 1.8
inverto black ultra lnbs
Vu+duo
My Location
south devon
garyg said:
_http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/product_stb_satellite_hdfoxir.asp

This one?

If so, where could I get one in the UK?
_http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/a507505.html

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks mate,

My card is now active.

Verticles are solid picture, Horizontals are breaking up.

Going to ring that company about a new tuner at 9.

Card will not work in my fortec in an official irdeto cam :( so defo paired to box

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just rang the company.

They were useless lol!

Said they do repairs, but cant swap over a tuner for a stronger one :/

Doh!

Big Al

Reaction score
@ garyg
Mate could you have a quick look and post what outputs the humax has, ie HDMI, RF ? scart
thanks
Al