abu dhabi sport - UK

I think ADMC, will be changing a few things for next season. I received an e-mail asking me to take part in a survey. Basically, it was asking what would entice me to subscribe next season. I think they may have to increase their subscription list.

I think tying the deal up with a specific receiver, has somewhat limited their revenue. I know you can subscribe for on line access, but I think most people would prefer it directly through their receiver.
 
I missed Man City out of that :oops:

I think they'd get more subs if they sold it seperate as a CAM and card
 
Hi guys, I am moving to Jeddah Saudi Arabia next month and wanted to ask a few questions about Abu Dhabi Sports and in particular the Humax IR1020 HD receiver that comes as part of the ADMC package.

1. How good is the quality of this Humax receiver? I mean in terms of picture quality in HD?

2. Living in Saudi Arabia I will easily have access to Nilesat and Arabsat, on which satellite should I watch the games? Is one better than the other in terms of quality?

3. Can I watch other satellites on this Humax receiver? I am planning to have 1 dish with 3 LNBs that will allow me to watch Hotbird 13e, ArabSat and Nilesat. Will having 3 LNBs on 1 dish weaken the picture quality?
 
hi,

1-very good picture quality
2-yes
3-yes

best regards
 
What are your expereinces with the Humax receiver?

Will the card work in a Dreambox 800HD?
 
astral69 said:
What are your expereinces with the Humax receiver?

Will the card work in a Dreambox 800HD?

I don't have a Humax, so I can't tell you what the receiver is like but as I understand, unless someone has cracked it, you can't use the card in a DreamBox.

I have a DrteamBox and would love to be able to slot their card in and see all the games I'm interested in.

At the end of last season I had a survey e-mail sent to me by A.D.Sports asking me what I felt was needed for me to subscribe. I mentioned that I would like the card to be useable in a DreamBox. I didn't receive a reply. I took it that it would not be happening as I think they have a deal with Humax to use only their machines.
 
If you want to view the box its at humaxdigitalDOTcom
Box and card are married together.
Picture quality 100% on Nilesat
I have one dish pointing at nilesat the other at 28.2E astra. Both on the same reeiver. Same receiver strength as Freesat version (I have both)

astral69 said:
What are your expereinces with the Humax receiver?

Will the card work in a Dreambox 800HD?
 
Barry Young said:
you can't use the card in a DreamBox.
The card has the sim cut out and siliconed into the Humax receiver circuit board as an anti piracy measure.
 
Mohamed

Nilesat has more channels to choose from.
Both should be the same quality.
Access to both birds is good, if one bird or transponder is down where there is a good game on.

I doubt you will manage all three birds from one dish, as the locations are quite widely spaced.
Here in Lebanon I need a 1m dish for Hotbird, whereas Nilesat needs only 70cm.
It is better to have a second dish to optimise signal strength.

I am about to purchase the ADMC receiver, and will post my comments later.
 
I have a credit card size with gold chip. Never heard of cut down version

Huevos said:
The card has the sim cut out and siliconed into the Humax receiver circuit board as an anti piracy measure.
 
buckshee said:
I have a credit card size with gold chip. Never heard of cut down version
They started siliconed in, then went to full size, and now they are back to siliconed in. Maybe it depends on the supplier.
 
Huevos said:
They started siliconed in, then went to full size, and now they are back to siliconed in. Maybe it depends on the supplier.

even , without silicon the system is very hard to break
 
I have purchased my receiver with card and a one year subscription - $320

It is definitely a seperate card, normal credit card size.

I am very impressed so far, easy to set up, quickly authorised.
Channel changing is fast, unlike the Technosat box that I tried for the MBC bouquet.
Pity there is no PVR facillity.
The usb only seems to be for channel list backup. :-ohcrap

The sport channels are excellent, showing a full 1080i resolution.

I am accessing BADR6 for the signal and cannot get any signal from 11823V where HD Sport 8 and
and the Geographic/Fox/Star channels are supposed to reside.
Is anyone having the same problem?

Perhaps I will have to get my Nilesat dish installed agan?
I know, not an option for you Europe based guys.
 
Are you getting the Geographical channel and Fox Movies in HD, they are on the same transponder?
I cant help much more because I have Nilesat, and Sports 8 is OK
 
buckshee said:
Are you getting the Geographical channel and Fox Movies in HD, they are on the same transponder?
I cant help much more because I have Nilesat, and Sports 8 is OK

No, there is no signal registered from the transponder,
so none of the channels are present.
I have an alternative source checking the signal for me,
just in case it is my setup, but somehow I doubt it is.
 
I've had one of these recievers pointing at Nilesat since the beggining of the season and its been a good buy.

Regarding the picture quality I would say its good but not as good as my Spiderbox or Icecrypt S4000.

Has anyone been able to get round the pairing thing yet?
 
Back
Top