activate a Sky Viewing Card in Germany

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Kevin2k1 said:
what do you really mean?

hmm...my card works fine...and i have the white card...

What I mean is did your box you bought secondhand work with the white freesat card straight away without having to have it activated ?

I am assuming you don't have a sub with Sky.

Kevin2k1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800S
My Location
G, UK
well...i bought a normal digibox over ebay, which i activated with the freesat card...and it works perfect...

i also subscripted to sky with another sky hd-digibox...and it also work fine...

both are white cards...

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Kevin2k1 said:
well...i bought a normal digibox over ebay, which i activated with the freesat card...and it works perfect...

i also subscripted to sky with another sky hd-digibox...and it also work fine...

both are white cards...

Could you be more specific i.e. Was the freesat card new and how did you activate it , in the ebay box without phoning sky or by 'phone to sky, also if it was not new was there a previous sub on it before you used it for freesat?

i f you could clarify these points it would be appreciated. cheers

Kevin2k1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800S
My Location
G, UK
hi!
i got the freesat card from sky...via phone call...the freesat digibox i got over ebay and then i phoned sky to activate the card on the box. I dont know, if there was a sub before on that box...i just gave the details to sky and everything work fine...

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just to confirm for the benefit of others - you phoned from Germany to order both the card and activate it? Or was it from the UK?

Kevin2k1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800S
My Location
G, UK
freesat card called from uk...sky uk card called from germany...well...they called me back...i have a VOIP UK number...so there was no problem....but i called from germany to activate the sky uk card...