Activating FTV card in 2D weak signal areas??

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Now that the BBc have moved to 2D will those of us in 2D weak signal areas need to get the card activated in the box in Britain and then have both shipped out or will the activation happen as before??

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Do you really mean "no signal areas",in this case the digibox will look for the default transponder,if it canot find the main transponder,and the card should authorise ok.One more thing,I authorised a card in the uk but i had to unplug it before the BBC came on,two days later i plugged it in here in spain and after two more days BBC chanels loaded,so it seems if you miss it the first time, the switch on codes come round again,but for how long is anybodys guess...............brian

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Well, yes I'm in a part of Spain where we only have the BBC signals in the morning so I was wondering if that was going to affect getting the channels activated. I imagine though that a card that has all channels except BBC1, which takes the longest, will simply open up when the BBC go FTA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know you don't need to be able to receive the individual channel for the card to be activated, just one of the default transponders, it will just show the channel as no signal received.

It should be academic soon anyway, still don't know what they will do with regard to ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 though, unless they follow the BBC and go FTA.