Activating Sky + in France

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky & Sky+
My Location
France
I want to change to a Sky+ plus box, I currently subscribe to Sky, and a friend in the UK has called Sky to ask them if they can activate Sky + on my card.

I took out the subscription to Sky myself several years ago.

They said that it could only be activated by telephone connection.

I am obviously reluctant to do this because they will most likely deactivate my card.

Does anybody know of a way in which this can be done without a telephone connection or taking the card and box to the UK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They will activate the Sky+ function without the telephone line connected, but they are initially reluctant to do so.

Which address is the box registered to? Do you or a friend still live there?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky & Sky+
My Location
France
The system is still registered in the UK at my nephew's address.

He rang up and was told categorically that they had to have a telephone line.

Any advice, or does he ring again and insist that they activate

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does he have Sky as well?

I did one in May and insisted that it could never be connected to the phone line, as there wasn't one in that part of the house and never would be, due to past abuse of 0900 numbers, took some persuading, but got there in the end.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, have done plenty Sl<y Plus and Multiroom subs without a phone line. One was in a barn/office/games room at the bottom grounds of a farm... no way was there ever going to be a p/line installed. Sl<y switched on the card after a long phone call.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I had no problems calling from France with my Irish mobile to get my SKY+ box activated. It took less than 2 min after all the "security" questions were done and over with and not once was it mentioned that it had to be connected to the phoneline. I have my subscription in Dublin but have the card and box full time in France. Never had any problems when calling SKY.

Don't understand what the big fuzz is all about... Call them from your UK mobile (you can even use a pre-paid) while abroad and just tell them that you got a SKY+ box and want to pair the card to the unit.

You DON'T (and never will) need a phone line connected unless the box is subsidised by SKY. Btw, is it less than 12 months old?