Added Elevation control to the 1.8m dish

More from Intelsat 9 at 58.0°W

This time the FTA channels on the Intelsat mux 3880 H

Sadly the 50% of the channels on this frequency are encrypted using PowerVU

but the Chinese/korean channels are viewable so I did some caps ..
Most of them are are probably available elswhere on KU but I am happy to present them nonetheless as 'receivable in the UK on Cband'

2 images from Arirang World(Korea) plus Chinese TV etc
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • cap_Arirang.webp
    cap_Arirang.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 31
  • cap_YTN HD.webp
    cap_YTN HD.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 34
  • cap_CCTV News.webp
    cap_CCTV News.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 31
  • cap_CCTV F.webp
    cap_CCTV F.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 33
  • cap_CCTV E.webp
    cap_CCTV E.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 37
  • cap_CCTV 4.webp
    cap_CCTV 4.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 37
  • cap_Arirang Koreas Global TV.webp
    cap_Arirang Koreas Global TV.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 37
Keep 'em coming, VS.

An interesting part of the hobby that I can only experience second-hand, so to speak.
 
I hope Yours health improve and make a fast recovery,Mr.Vipersan.
Yours hobby deserve samthing better.
fingers crossed...
from mouse.
 
Hi friends ..
Thought I'd lost this sat location in the arc ..
Simply because the only 'Marker' I had for this location ..was the Reuters encrypted feed @ 4171 H
I never had a picture to post from this location anyway ...as the feed only ever produced fta sound..
Well it seems I was 'SAVED' if you'll pardon the pun..
As I can now report capture of 1 single transponder from Amos 5i at 17.0°E

3989 H
tp 10B

Hosanna

I'm adding a capture image from the preacherman as he goes through his ministrations ;)

rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • cap_ch2167 Hosanna.webp
    cap_ch2167 Hosanna.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 44
Wonderful stuff VS, I wish I had the patience and the unobstructed view of the arc
 
Thanks for the encouragement Topper

Here are caps of the 6 transponders I can see at Arabsat 2B at 20.0°E

You will notice that the badly fragmented image is a very elusive channel
Southern Sudan TV
SSTV
I know this is doable on a clear unobstructed day as I briefly watched about 10 minutes of unbroken TV earlier today..
Sadly I didn't have a pen drive to hand to cature a decent image..
But the skys were absolutely clear then..and now its cloudy and raining..
I'll try and get a good cap when the weather clears..
In the meantime ...at least you can see the TV channel logo..
rgds
VS

As promised I have now added a full cap from SSTV ..
Not so much a weather restriction on reception ...so much as a time of day thing..
I'm assuming the bird has a slight wobble on its footprint and late evening is the best time to grab the fringe stuff..
rgds
 

Attachments

  • Southern Sudan TV.webp
    Southern Sudan TV.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 36
  • TVM 2 Plus.webp
    TVM 2 Plus.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 35
  • TV Oromia.webp
    TV Oromia.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 36
  • TV de Mauritanie Satellite.webp
    TV de Mauritanie Satellite.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Tayba TV.webp
    Tayba TV.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 40
  • ETV (Ethiopia).webp
    ETV (Ethiopia).webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 35
  • cap SSTV.webp
    cap SSTV.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 37
Feed just came alive :-
Amos 5i at 17.0°E
3831 V
2850 3/4
currently showing nothing but a plain red screen but this picture was broadcast about 5 mins ago :-

rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • cap_amos.webp
    cap_amos.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 37
Hi freinds ..
Nothing at all easy about this one ...
Back to Intelsat 805 at 55.5°W

3853 H
tp 22
IMC
DVB-S 2220-7/8

RE TV
Jamaica News Netw

Managed a couple of fairly stable caps on the AZ box ..
Much more stable on the higher gain Openbox S9

but more difficult for quick captures ..
I've applied a little aluminium tape over the petal seams of my 1.8pf ...but it was a quick job with no dish shakedown first ..
..maybe in the summer when I'm feeling healthier..
In the meantime ..
here are the quick slightly fragmented caps from the AZ box
 

Attachments

  • cap_JNN.webp
    cap_JNN.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 34
  • cap_RETV.webp
    cap_RETV.webp
    11 KB · Views: 67
nice one -- vipersan --

all these pics are tempting me to get the 1.8 p.f. back into my "testing spot " and fitting it up for C band ---:)

what do you mean exactly by a dish shakedown ?

regards nelson.b.
 
Hi Nelson ..
Shakedown is terminology recently used by CH ...which I interpreted as ...
..a full check for alignment of the petals done with stretched string etc ...
just to make sure the dish is performing at maximum effeciency ..
A BIG job requiring its removal from the mount if any discrepencies are present.
Not one I'm really up for at the moment ..so I just make do..
;)
You should definately go ahead with re-testing your alcoa ..but I would recomend obtaining a BSC421 ..even though it means shipping from the US ..
Its by far the best lnbf out there I suspect ...and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a BSC422 ..
The same lnbf ..but dual unswitched outputs ..
ie 2 lnbs in one package ..so I can feed both my receivers at the same time.
It claims the same spec as the BSC421 ...so maybe worth the investment.
both claim 13k ...so damned good ..
very stable and high gain
It puts the Pauxis to shame ...
Just a pity no-one makes a 10k h/v switched lnbf ..
They do exist but onlt as a single polarity lnb for mounting on a corotor feed etc ..
Anyway ..should you decide to fire up the alcoa ...I'd recommend you get one of these first.
I suspect fringe reception isn't possible without it ...ad of course the addition of the 3 ring scalar feed I borrowed from the corotor..
rgds
VS
 
..Hi m8's
Just a quick report ..
I have a partial lock on the Peruvian Tv channel..
3794 H
tp 22 Perú TV
very badly fragmented and only the Openbox can see it..
Not very exciting ..as all I can see between the broken blocks is that it looks like a pervian QVC...
Currently selling a blender ..
lol
Will post a cap ..if I ever get it to stabalise..
rgds
VS
 
Vipersan said:
I have a partial lock on the Peruvian Tv channel..

.....Currently selling a blender

That'll be for the Guinea Pig Fricasee.
 
Another quick cap ..
This one is from the Mexico Travel Channel ..
I know I can get this better ...as once again its perfect on the Openbox ..
This is a slightly corrupted AZbox Cap
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • cap_MTCH.webp
    cap_MTCH.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 42
Gosh you have been busy.

If we can get our house sold and retire to a gaff with more land, I'd love to get into all this stuff.
 
..Well Gordon ..
I can't wait for you to join the Cbandits ;)

Maybe one day ...If I ever get fit enough to travel any real distance ..
I can come visit your newly aquired 'Stately Pile' avec big dish..
rgds
VS
 
I can assure you one thing it won't be is stately! We hope to release a wodge of equity by downsizing to the beautiful but somewhat less expensive Dumfries & Galloway area.




Well, ok ..................... maybe room for a pony, as Hyacinth Bouquet might say.
 
Tivù said:
I can assure you one thing it won't be is stately! We hope to release a wodge of equity by downsizing to the beautiful but somewhat less expensive Dumfries & Galloway area.




Well, ok ..................... maybe room for a pony, as Hyacinth Bouquet might say.


..wherever you move to ..I wish you both well in your endeavour..
..nonetheless I will always be envious of anyone who has enough land and seclusion to erect a monster satellite dish ..
Something that makes my 1.8 in a back yard look pitiful.
rgds
VS
 
Finally for tonight ..
As promised some caps from PeruTV AQP

Worth a series as it was such a pain to grab ..
This time a pvr sequence capured with the Openbox ..converted to a usable format and caps taken from the stream..

It would appear this transponder 3794 H Intelsat 805 at 55.5°W
...is Time of day dependant when it comes to unbroken quality
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • PERU TV AQP  1.webp
    PERU TV AQP 1.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 31
  • PERU TV AQP 2.webp
    PERU TV AQP 2.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PERU TV AQP 3.webp
    PERU TV AQP 3.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PERU TV AQP 4.webp
    PERU TV AQP 4.webp
    42 KB · Views: 37
  • PERU TV AQP 5.webp
    PERU TV AQP 5.webp
    11 KB · Views: 33
  • PERU TV AQP 6.webp
    PERU TV AQP 6.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
Vipersan said:
Hi Nelson ..
Shakedown is terminology recently used by CH ...which I interpreted as ...
..a full check for alignment of the petals done with stretched string etc ...
just to make sure the dish is performing at maximum effeciency ..
A BIG job requiring its removal from the mount if any discrepencies are present.
Not one I'm really up for at the moment ..so I just make do..
;)
You should definately go ahead with re-testing your alcoa ..but I would recomend obtaining a BSC421 ..even though it means shipping from the US ..
Its by far the best lnbf out there I suspect ...and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a BSC422 ..
The same lnbf ..but dual unswitched outputs ..
ie 2 lnbs in one package ..so I can feed both my receivers at the same time.
It claims the same spec as the BSC421 ...so maybe worth the investment.
both claim 13k ...so damned good ..
very stable and high gain
It puts the Pauxis to shame ...
Just a pity no-one makes a 10k h/v switched lnbf ..
They do exist but onlt as a single polarity lnb for mounting on a corotor feed etc ..
Anyway ..should you decide to fire up the alcoa ...I'd recommend you get one of these first.
I suspect fringe reception isn't possible without it ...ad of course the addition of the 3 ring scalar feed I borrowed from the corotor..
rgds
VS

hi -
thanks for the reply --
before i assembled the petals on mine i -- i made a flat platform with 3 by 2 inch batons and 3/4 in plywood -- and built it face down on that -- with all the bolts on the petals finger tight -- then tightened the bolts a little at a time round and round in a sequence until they were all done up -- so as not to pull it out of shape --

i noticed that all the petal bolts are almost a perfect fit for the holes leaving no slack for adjustment of the petals -- i,m pretty confident that i,ve got it near right
from the very good k/u results i got from it once i had the feed and l.n.b sorted .

i think i will send off for a BSC421 as i would like to test the alcoa to its limits on C band :) and if it proves to be good - it would be nice to make a polar mount and motorise it .
A project for next year - i think :)
as i,v just turned 60 i,m intending to reduce my work to part time from the end of this year --

cheers nelson.b.
 
excellent all round .recently i che cked out the cost of a ready made setup and was quotedbetween 2-3 000.euros.i think perhaps you should market yours.hope your health improves best of luck.
 
Back
Top