Adding a CD /DVD ROM drive

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Instead of a hard disk, I've been trying to get a Lite-On ATAPI DVD-ROM to work on my 7025.

To make it as simple as possible: the hardware works; i.e. the DVD-ROM lights when the DB boots, and Gemini correctly recognises it in the Blue Panel. I have enabled the necessary kernel module

What I can't do is mount the device.
As I'm sure you're aware, Gemini creates the /dev hierarchy on the fly during boot. The tree in /dev/ide which would be created for the device (i.e. /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd) isn't created, and it's no use manually creating it as you can't create the final cd anyway, and if you dreate the rest it gets deleted on boot.

If I mount a hard disk on exactly the same cable, as /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 this mounts quite nicely.

I know some of you have had success with installing CD and DVDROMs on the 7025, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

billnot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
I've sorted this out. It was some sort of error on Harddisk.py.

I now have the DVD-ROM working and playing DVDs.

What I'd like to do is to play audio cds through the Dreambox using it.

Is this possible?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I haven't got an answer but do you mean it doesn't play audio CDs but it'll play audio from a DVD?

billnot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
mhku said:
I haven't got an answer but do you mean it doesn't play audio CDs but it'll play audio from a DVD?

Basically, yes. DVD files are VOB files. You open Media Player, navigate to where you have the DVD mounted, and all the different VOB files are there. Click on one and it will play. For reasons I don't understand (but read on another forum and confirmed) the sound only works through the digital (SPDIF) output and not through the SCART or analogue outputs. This is OK as I route the DB sound into my Yamaha amp.

If you put a data CD with MP3 files in the player, you select the MP3 you want in the same way, and it plays fine

But if you put an audio CD in, it locks the system up and the only way out is a power off reboot.

smanet78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025 with Dual Feed
My Location
Italy
HI, i have i problem with DVD Burner Sony and Seagate HD 500GB, the gemini recongnize the hd but doesn't mount it correctly, the dvd is not recognized.

I connect them with only cable, hd slave, dvd master.

Help me how to do both work correctly. Thanks.

micron123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
85cm dish
STAB motor
My Location
midlands, england
I tried this some time ago. I found that the dreambox will only play mpeg or mp3 audio. It will not play AC3 (from the VOB files) via the scart or av output. I can't decode it. So only plays ac3 via the spdif digital output.
Thats why it will not play audio cd. They are cda format...

smanet78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025 with Dual Feed
My Location
Italy
I resolve the problem, putting the hd with cable select, but i want know if in the 7025 i can install burn2dvd plugin in gemini 3.70?

Someone can explain me how i must do?