adding a satellite to pentavision software

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have just discovered that the software for the pentavision card i have will not update unless i live in korea :-)
fair enough i thought it downloads all the channels on each transponder :-) great i thought as it finds all the channels available. Readers to this forum will be aware that i have been having some problems setting the arc for my motorised system so this software problem doesnt help much as i am relying on it very much to find the satellites as i am using digital card.
Some of the satellites are missing in the database and their doesnt seem to be a way to add satellites only channels :-(
this is making me rather angry as now i have a further problem to deal with. some of the satellites in the database are for america such as the galaxy sats etc. i dont need them i only want the sats available over europe, obviously its for multi use etc in other countrys.

what to do?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
My Echostar AD3000IP comes pre-programmed with a whole host of sats that I'd need x-ray vision to see (things below my horizon). So I have renamed and repositioned them within the Echostar menus to correspond ton European sats. And then I throw away all the transponders settings and program my own.

Can't you do something similar here?

2old

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
the driver software i am using can be found here
http://www.pentamedia.com/drivers_down.html
i cannot see any way to edit the satellite information apart from individual channels within the chosen satellite.
it is possible to delete satellites so you would think they would have one to add.
fortunately the one i need intelsat 707 at 1w that i need to find true south and the top of the arc is here but a few are missing so i cant identify them when i find them like today for example, i had a satellite but the software would not identify it. i think it may have been telecom 2b or amos but these are missing from the database. i have emailed pentamedia about a week ago but i am still waiting for a reply.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
update:

i have been looking at the software again and have discovered that infact you can add the satellite to list. when i say add what is really happening is that the satellite name is just that, a name, nothing more. you have to then after naming it to the satellite thats missing then individually add each transponder to the satellites list which when dish is aimed at the satellite, the programs on each transponder are then automatically downloaded. i was confused earlier when i found an eastern satellite downloading program data it found on each transponder to my pc on the western horizon but through experimentation i discovered the eastern sats program transponder data was automatically being downloaded from another satellite. is this transponder data info carried on more than 1 satellite? this has to be true as i discovered it earlier by mistake but i new this as the sat was intelsat 602 at extreme east but my dish was pointing just next to hotbird a 13 degrees.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
very odd. As far as I know the transponder index for a particular satellite is not carried on multiple satellites. That would make no sense.
Pretty well the only thing you will be able to receive from Intel602 (at 62.0 east) in Ku-band is the Greek channel Skai. Perhaps the same Greek provider is also providing channels on Hotbird (which is certainly visible in Greece), and so does duplicate the info on both its home-transponders. Who knows....

2old