Adding channels to Echostar

cambus

Reaction score
How on earth do I add channels manually to an Echostar AD-3000?

The manual is useless, and the reply I got back from Echostar themselves was just as informative.

I want especially to add the Premiere World package which does not seem to come up with an Auto Scan. I have all the frequencies but am still getting nowhere.

If I go through the Advanced Installation/Edit Add SAT or TP, everything from line 8 (which includes the all important PIDs) is greyed out. I had better success going through the normal Installation menu, pressing the blue key to add a new TP. At least then, I could add PIDs, but it always seemed to overwrite what was already there. I could not get a new channel to appear on my list of channels.

Am I missing something obvious? Many thanks for any help.

Cambus

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If the options for adding PIDs are greyed out then my guess is that you are inadvertently looking at analogue tranponders, not digital ones. One of the coloured buttons will toggle between the two (see bottom of screen).

With the screen in "digital tranponder mode" you can now add channels to an existing tranponder in this way:

- select tranponder
- move to the channel name field and go right/left until "????" is displayed (if there are no channels on the tranponder, this will be the default displayed)
- hit the ok/select button and enter a channel-name using the mini on-screen keyboard
- move to the PID fields and type the correct PID numbers
- save the data (press ok/select) and exit.
The channel will now be at the bottom of the list for that satellite. If you gave valid PIDs and are have the necessary cards/CAMs (if applicable) then you will already have a picture.

2old

cambus

Reaction score
I have now sorted it out.

I was in the digital section. Everything is greyed out below line seven on the Edit/Add SAT or TP menu screen. After entering TP, polarisation, symbol rate, etc., I had to press 'OK' first. Only then did the greyed out sections become enabled. There wasn't any prompt to do this, and it wouldn't necessarily have been my first thought to press 'OK' half way down an input screen, but hey it works and I'm happy.

Thanks for pointing me in right direction. Slightly off thread, but is it worth doing a software update before I add my new channels? I've had my Echostar for over a year, but only now trying to use it to its full potential.

Cambus

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes, absolutely.
Load the latest firmware and do an explicit factory reset immediately after it loads.
Then you have the latest sats/TPs/etc in the database as well as a host of improvements made in the last year (see the Satnerds ad3000 forums for more info...)
Main site: http://www.satnerds.com/
ad3000 conference: http://www.satnerds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20

2old