Adding more Channels

cj1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus
My Location
Essex UK
Hi I've just got Sky Digital and you are able to add extra channels manually. How or where can you get the details to add these extra ones and are they worth it. Many thanks...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Nov-01 AT 06:04 PM (GMT)]Hello CJ1,

You can go to http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.shtml and look up the free to air channels on 28.5E, there isn't much extra that isn't on the Sky EPG.

Rolf

cj1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus
My Location
Essex UK
Thanks Rolf I've just printed that out and will see what happens CJ1

cj1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus
My Location
Essex UK
Hi Again Rolf
I downloaded the info on EuroBird and a little success with only 1 frequency working with Czech stations. The others quoted don't seem to work. Would that be because there are only 2 choices of settings of 22 or 27.5 on the settings. Are you aware of other sources of data as the system works OK.

CJ1

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi CJ1, the Lyngsat link is normally fairly well up to date so what you see is probably all you get.

The problem with the Digibox is that it really is only designed for Sky reception, anything transmitting outside it's very limited Symbol rates is unviewable.

If you're looking for foreign channels free to air, then you're better off pointing a dish at Astra 19.2 and either putting a manual switch between the two dishes, or getting yourself a free to air receiver such as the F1 Fox at £ 130 or so.

rolf

cj1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus
My Location
Essex UK
Hi Rolf
Thanks for that info. I do know I really need a movable dish and a decent receiver to get a lot more.... I'll see how I get on for the moment. Thanks....
CJ1

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello cj1

Two of the Czech station are encrypted for quite a lot of the time using a system which is different to the one in your DigiBox..

This is probaly the reason you can't receive them.

Have another look at the Lyngsat pages and you will see details of the encryption methods used.

Regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
cj1,
please use the search function to locate info. Most "newbie" questions are already answered (several times).
For example, look here:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/245.html

2old