Adding PMK in Irdeto Freecam 2.018

baka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
What exactelly the plain master key does? Is it automatically updating keys on the card (or directly in Iredto in case "EMU" set on)? How can you add the PMK in irdeto Frecam 2.018? I know how to add normal keys in hex modus (usin key edit software) or in dec modus (using the receiver remote control), but how to add the PMK? Wheil adding keys you need the provider ID, the key number and the key itself. What is the key number for the PMK?
Baka

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into the cam menu and then Key board. I think you should be able to enter them there.

rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
No FreeCAM supports auto-updating. So you can enter your PMKs (plain master keys) as if they were plainkeys, but they won't do anything.
Normally (on a card) the PMK is the middle layer of a heirarchy of keys (plainkeys, PMKs, (Hex-)Masterkeys). The HMK causes the PMK to autoupdate; the PMK causes the PK to autoupdate. HMKs are to Irdeto what MK01+PPUA are to Mediaguard.
2old

baka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-May-02 AT 08:21 PM (GMT)]Ralf and 2old thanks, but I still do not get it. The free cam worked very well with internal EMU for more than a year. There was no need to do anything with keys. I can not imagine that no keys changed in a 1 year period, thus I assume that something was responsible for updating them.

In addition, if you go to http://www.sat-key.com/ you can find Irdeto PMK's and OP keys. With the key number and the provider number it is easy to convert OP keys from hex to dec. But how to convert the PMK's? They do not have the key number. Example:
PMK: PMK: ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
OP: key **: ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
How to convert the PMK into dec withou the key number which should result in first 3 dec digits?

Baka

Even if fictional Keys, they must not be posted. Rolf

SORRY! Baka

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The FreeCAM does NOT support autoupdate.

Only Plainkeys are processed by the FreeCAM (that site you referred to calls them "Op keys"). The reason the PMK has no key index number (02, 04, etc.) is that it is not indexed. There is only one PMK but a whole table of PKs (although usually only one at a time is used).

Now you may wonder why some keys are displayed as "hidden" if you use the unedited version of firmware that went round originally. The hidden attribute arises from using a "provider id" value of 80 or 88 as I recall. Some people thought this hinted at interesting things like masterkeys and autoupdate. Nothing of the sort. This was incorporated because the original idea was to market the FreeCAM pre-loaded with keys which would not be visible to the user. But given that plainkeys are so widely avasilable and that the firmware and programming utilities were leaked anyway into the public domain (again, not the original intention), it all became pointless.

There then followed a rash of reports of a "Magic CAM" supposedly supporting AU. I personally analysed those firmwares and found them to be functionally identical to the non-AU freeCAMs. In other words, someone was just releasing FAKE files for a laugh. You can find all of this info on old posts on this board (I also posted it at the time under Satnerds).

On the unchanging keys:

The provider C+NL transmits under Irdeto (as well as Mediaguard) and has been using the same Irdeto plainkeys for three years. The provider Premiere World (Germany) used the same keys for about 2 years before recently changing them.
So the policy of managing keys is not universally one of frequent updates.

This incidentally has been a source of puzzlement in the respective countries. While C+NL even today still has not changed any plainkeys (the cheapest and easiest of measures to combat piracy, and something that some providers do hourly), they do whine and bleat ad nauseum about the harm piracy has done to their business, aggressively forcing shut any web sites that dare to publish those unchanged keys. It's like continually leaving your car unlocked and still expecting sympathy when it's nicked every night. Worse, it's like refusing to spend a few pounds on a lock but spending millions on a high-tech surveillance system to deter burglars.

2old

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-May-02 AT 03:05 PM (GMT)]Hi,

I must commend you on your explanation ability.Have you consider writing a book, I would surely buy one.:-)
BTW what happen to the fake 2old he seems to have dissappear as quickly as he appeared.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
@prince: I think s/he died of natural causes.