Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Hi,

Getting a 90cm motorised system installed next week and the installer has given myself the option of selecting either a Globo or Faval dish and either of the following lnb - inverto, Titanium, Faval, Chess or Thomson.

I am primarily going to be using the dish for Digitalb on 16E but that will no doubt change very quickly with the multitude of options the motor will give. I would appreciate any experts advice as to what would be the best selection given the choice on offer. Much appreciated.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
both dishes i dont know ,not avalible here!
digialp should be very strong now,since the satellite has been replaced!

in the meantime,the smart titanium lnb,has 2 diffrent version,the first one and the 2.edtion!
on some internet reports i read,the first titanium performs a little bit better,then the 2nd!

i would recomended the inverto lnb!

the black edition is the latest,and performs where good!
white edition also okay!
at least the dish question,got to the homepage,of both companys,and look the datasheet,of both antenna,then you can see the difrence!

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Turok said:
at least the dish question,got to the homepage,of both companys,and look the datasheet,of both antenna,then you can see the difrence!

Hi,

I went to the faval website and looked at the dish but it did not have any info and a google of globo just returns the brazilian tv station and papers along with the odd receiver. I agree with the inverto myself as I have heard good reports.

Thanks

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
Monoblock Lnbs,are not the best solution ,when the distance is only 3 degrees between astra and 16e
23,5 east and 19.2 east is okay,but this lnb type are not so much spread then the normal astra hotbird versions!
here are many albanians,that have a lot of problems,receiving astra and 16 e,also with selfmade multifeed holder at the same time,when the antenna is not install exactly,the signal on one of each satellite is very low!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Turok said:
Hello!
Monoblock Lnbs,are not the best solution ,when the distance is only 3 degrees between astra and 16e
23,5 east and 19.2 east is okay,but this lnb type are not so much spread then the normal astra hotbird versions!
here are many albanians,that have a lot of problems,receiving astra and 16 e,also with selfmade multifeed holder at the same time,when the antenna is not install exactly,the signal on one of each satellite is very low!

That might well be why he's gone for the better option :)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
:(in the past,hirschmann offers a motoreized multifeed set,where could move,the lnbs,with the remote,exactly,in its optimal position,but this works only so long,on the satellites from 19.2 east to 5 east,and when the elavation angel,has been changed,the system,was on his limit!
on todays monoblock lnbs,its not very adustialbe:)

dont install the cheap inverto quad lnb,for 29€ i recogneized in my test,that the signal is loose a lot,on the other inputs ,when another person watching at the same time,a programm,when signal is strong enough,you would not recogneized it,the quad invacom for the double price ,has defenetly better components inside then the new inverto quad,when you install singel or twin,without quad or monoblock inverto is the better choice!
thats all i can say to this,,good luck,inform us,when the setup is complete!

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Tivù said:
Does this mean that your plans to fit a http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...158602-monoblock-lnb.html?highlight=monoblock to your existing Dish have been binned?

Yes your spot on. The guys were coming out this past week to install but the neighbours in the building went all anal at the last minute and wanted me to jump through hoops. Write a letter to the building admin requesting permission for the dish and then get all 46 tenants to agree ! I was like wtf as there are already 7 dishes on my roof plus the fact you cant even see any of them from the street as their back toward the centre of the building. Anyway hopefully all sorted now but did make me consider the motor instead as I dont want to go through this crap again.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Wise move!

Good luck getting it sorted :)