Advice sought on 24.5° west (Intelsat 905)

Burnham Beech

Specialist Contributor
I'm attempting to get feeds on 24.5°w. I am located about 20km to the west of London.

My main 1.2m dish is semi shaded by buildings at this exact point. I can get low signals (10.2dB on NTA on the spot1 beam and (8.6dB on Televisa spot2 beam channels. But I get nothing from feeds when published.

So I 've set up my old 90cm dish with unobstructed line of sight to 24.5°w. I've aligned it accurately but I only get a marginal improvement on NTA (signal increases to 11.5db. I can't scan in the Televisa spot2 beam channels at all.

Does anyone get feeds on 24.5°w? and if so how does the signal compare with NTA.

Thanks for any interest
 
I only get 34% on NTA. I will see if I can centre the dish and try a blind scan.
 
I also get 86% SQ with 100cm + Amiko A4K.
 
About the same for NTA as the others (~87%/12dB ) on the T110/TM5402M3 combo - and lots of the Catalan election feeds at lower signal strengths
 
Back
Top