After Dreamboxes?

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Hi,

With all this speculation that watching more than one channel from a card via a Dreambox is about to finish with increased card security, does anyone think the future will be to go back to the card splitter like Clone + or SmartWi (I remember my Twoview in the old Sky analogue days!), or do these use the same methods of sharing the codes. Its a possible choice for those of us who want convenience within the same property, obviously no good for other people.

chelsea_baz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se, dm800, dm 500s 1.25m prime focus 30 west to 28 east vbox
My Location
fuerteventura canaries spain
i would of thought a dreambox will have more chance than a card splitter to do what you want to do
i think your best bet would be a decent iptv set up,did you get the jsc card working in dreambox in the end?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
TBH I think that when they do put a stop to CS all together it'll make the card hackers step it up a notch and crack the cards, after all, sly uk is one of the most sort after packages and if they can't get it using CS they'll have to find another way of sharing.

Maybe sly shares will go they way virmin c*ble has gone with cached k*ys on a server so the cards don't request more than one k*ey at once, I can't see that happening for home users though unless someone makes a script/server but I think that's the way commercial servers will go

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Yes Chelsea_baz, on a viaccess card.

I think the hackers will just rely on IPTV, worth paying for 20 or 30 subs if you have thousands of subscribers.

Shame the TV companies don´t let you have a system for viewing different channels in multiple rooms (for a one of payment). I remember Sky and Pace (remember them?), were working on such a system but it never saw the light of day.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I seem to remember reading about a court case a while back, maybe in Germany where by a satellite provider (might have been sly) was forced to let customers use their own equipment to view channels, I'm not sure what happened there though.

Sly have their app for mobile and pc/laptop viewing but it doesn't give you the full package as far as I'm aware and some programs get blacked out.

No matter what sly do, they can't lock the card down to only viewing one channel at once, that would be impossible to do as it would render the +box useless for recording one channel while viewing another.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
smoggy07 said:
No matter what sly do, they can't lock the card down to only viewing one channel at once, that would be impossible to do as it would render the +box useless for recording one channel while viewing another.

A $ky box does not decrypt channels that are being recorded, it decrypts them on play back mate.