After many attempts, the new motorised setup

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
After the house move I knew there was going to be a slight issue setting the dish up. The house was going to be blocking anything after Astra 19E. After putting the Sky dish on the front of the house and wiring that up I convinced myself that I was wrong and put the dish on the back of the house on a cheap mount...WRONG! Anything past 19E and I was driving the dish into the wall.

Plan B - T&K brackets on the wall next to the conservatory. The dish looked fine and didn't drive itself into the wall but was still pointing into it (just!) so I couldn't get a signal. I could get 23.5E but still not the Sky channels the family wanted to record and watch at the same time.

Plan C - An angry outburst from the mother caused me and my Dad to look up another solution. A reinforced concrete post but could it hold the weight? Turns out it could! Either way the pole was concreted into the ground to give it a bit of extra support. Gets everything from 28.2E to 37.5W (haven't tried any further west) and will fit in even better now that we're trying to train the ivy to wrap around the pole. The main issue is that the pole flexes a bit in strong winds so looking at putting in additional supports for it. It's raining at the moment so may be able to get better pictures when the sun comes out again.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's no use your Mother getting angry - it isn't your fault she bought a house that is incorrectly orientated!

Glad you found a natty solution, though :-righton

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Tivù said:
It's no use your Mother getting angry - it isn't your fault she bought a house that is incorrectly orientated!

Wasn't happy with the reply "Well if you would have just bought the bungalow then we never would have had this problem"

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh dear!

As long as she's happy now .................... :)

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Did she throw the watering can down in disgust!!!!

Nice adaptation though!!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you have another piece of pole, attach it to the current pole using some couplers - it will give it more rigidity. Another thing you can, if you have any concrete left over, is pour it inside the pole - this will also stabilise it.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
Good idea mate! Will do that, thanks.