Al Jazeera Sport HD channels problem

vitabonsai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, BADR, Nilesat
My Location
Athens, Greece
Hi guys,
I have the Al Jazeera package card with all channels included, i have been trying to catch the HD channels for a long time but cant find the way.
I got the dish pointing to Nilesat 7W, i catch all FTA and encripted channels offered, including the Al Jazeera sport ones (+1 to +10).
When i search frequency 12265 H DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3 for catching the HD channels, nothing appears.
Its driving me nuts cause i dont know what else to do.
My decoder is XDOME HD-1000 NC.
Any help would be much appreciated!

vitabonsai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, BADR, Nilesat
My Location
Athens, Greece
Wow guys!
146 views and not 1 single reply...
I guess my problem is complicated!!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I don't know if your problem is too complex but certainly the transponder details are correct. I can pick that up without a problem on a 1M Gibertini here with a 52% SNR. It's a relatively easy catch as it has a low FEC. (see attached photo's) I'm not familiar with your receiver and I suspect few of us are. What size dish are you using? I suppose the tuner in the receiver may have drifted slightly, maybe you should try manually scanning either side of the transponder frequency (say 12260 to 12270 in single MHZ increments)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
vitabonsai said:
Wow guys!
146 views and not 1 single reply...
I guess my problem is complicated!!

The problem is more than likely that we cannot easily catch those transmissions in the UK and parts of Western Europe hence nobody has any experience upon which to hypothesise a solution, indeed looking at the footprint for the MENA beam on Eutelsat 7 West, I am surprised you expect to be able to receive the HD version, but as you do not list your dish size in your profile, I am just guessing that you being out of footprint is the reason
-http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/EUTELSAT-7WA-coverage.html

davinci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm 800, Gibertini op120,Channel master 1.2m,x-treme 1m
My Location
Greece
From reports we get from sat friends from Greece, the HD Al jazeera channels need more than 2m dish in Athens. No luck unfortunately with 1-1.2m dishes ...

vitabonsai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, BADR, Nilesat
My Location
Athens, Greece
Thanks for the replies guys, my dish is 1.2 m. I was wondering if maybe the size was the problem.. what confused me was that i am able to catch all the Al Jazeera channels perfectly, except those in HD.
Davinci, i read in some greek forum that many people are able to catch them with 1.2 m dish and sonnetpete catches them from france with a 1 m dish.... Ill give it a shot searching manually as sonnet suggested and will let you know if i get lucky, Anyway... I really appreciate all all the answers guys!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
vitabonsai said:
Thanks for the replies guys, my dish is 1.2 m. I was wondering if maybe the size was the problem.. what confused me was that i am able to catch all the Al Jazeera channels perfectly, except those in HD.
Davinci, i read in some greek forum that many people are able to catch them with 1.2 m dish and sonnetpete catches them from france with a 1 m dish.... Ill give it a shot searching manually as sonnet suggested and will let you know if i get lucky, Anyway... I really appreciate all all the answers guys!

Reception in other parts of Greece & France is irrelevant - for fringe reception the signal strength can vary greatly over a few miles

You need to find someone who can receive those channels in the Athens area to give you an idea what sized dish is needed.