Alan Titchmarsh show on ITV1

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
It really does make one wonder the mindset of the people in charge of ITV1.

First, who had the idea of giving Sharon Osbourne a chat show? The man or woman is crazy. Her series was supposed to run for three months but was axed weeks in because Sharon was hopeless at interviewing, plus her guests were very boring.

But ITV had signed her to a 1.8 million pound contract, plus other benefits like a free car and a 200,000 pound clothing allowance.

ITV still had to honour the contract and stump up. Utterly pathetic. :eek:

If that wasn't bad enough, ITV have signed Corrie actor Anthony Cotton to present another chat show. Same sort of format, bad guests, boring topics. Just thank your lucky stars he's only on 10,000 per week for six weeks.

Then we have Alan Titchmarsh who has also been given a chat show. My gawd, can it get any worse. I can't stand the bloke. Utterly talentless. Lucky as heck.

None of the above should have even appeared on TV never mind been give their own shows and loads of dosh.'O'-red

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I think it's more a case of making an elephant swim - they are good at what they do (music, acting, gardening), but completely at sea as chat show hosts.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'd agree with Salty, nothing wrong with Alan when he does gardening shows, but they are obviously trying to get their money's worth. :

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I disagree slightly. Titchmarsh may be a fine gardener, but he shouldn't accept this stupid work invitations. He is not a chat show host and never will be one. A proper one, I mean.

These greedy people should learn to say no, so it is their fault. Take actor Ron Moody for example. In 1969, he was offered the chance to take over from Patrick Troughton in Dr WHo. He declined, because he felt he couldn't do the role justice. And praised Jon Pertwee for getting it.

Likewise with Bing Crosby. He refused the Columbo role, and instead it went to Peter Falk.

Osbourne, Cotton and Titchmarsh are just greedy. :) Plus, the fact, why are these idiots at IT1 even asking Titchmarsh? I've had my say. :D ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I'm always fair. And to be fair to Alan, after watching some of his chat shows, they weren't all that bad.:eek::-rofl2

Seriously, I found myself watching his show when I had nothing else on. ;) Anthony Cotton's show still sucks though, and all the udders I mentioned.:)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Saturlight said:
I'm always fair. And to be fair to Alan, after watching some of his chat shows, they weren't all that bad.:eek::-rofl2

Seriously, I found myself watching his show when I had nothing else on. ;) Anthony Cotton's show still sucks though, and all the udders I mentioned.:)

All daytime talk/chat shows are rubbish as a rule - the fact is they can't talk about anything remotely interesting because of the watershed, so you're left with wishy-washy stuff and promotional rubbish.

Did anyone see Jonathan Ross last night, thought that was quite good with Take That? Rossy is lucky b*****d though, getting paid as much as he does :p!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I don't normally watch Woss' chat show. I am using tucked in bed wiff me mature content channels. ;p