aldershot area

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tosh 42xv505d with sky hd
My Location
surrey
Hi. I have a normal sky minidish setup at the moment and am about to get a openbox. I would like to be able to get hotbird and sky, but don't really want to get another dish up, if I can avoid it. i am not really going to watch hotbird that much so am more concerned with reception on the sky setup. Would it be possible to put another LNB up offset to 13 degrees east for hotbird on the same dish as the sky. I know it's a stretch but I've heard that it has been done. If so how much approxiamtely would you charge to set it up with the LNB, bracket, a diseqc switch and cabling to the box. The cable would have to go between my conservatory and fence which are about 15 centimetres apart into my living room. Let me know what you think Thx Andy

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ah, best bet is to put up a zone 2 dish (which I have somewhere, fits on the same mounting as well), but to be honest 28 to 13 is a bit of a stretch even on that dish.

Weren't you more interested in 19E earlier on ?

Take a couple of pictures, I'm about ten miles as the crow flies.

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey
Changed my mind about 19E due to channel selection.
Wouldn't really mind a slightly bigger dish and access to dish can be had from one of the bedrooms upstairs as I have a conservatory.
Can you give us a guesstimate. Do you do boxes as well? I was looking at the open box

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Will look into the openbox and come back to you

A zone 2 in any case would not be the best, but I can put up something virtually the same size, that has the ability to get both positions, plus 19E if you think you can do with some more HD content, with a four way DiSEqC switch to keep it all neat.

So you have a clear line of site immediately to the right of where your dish is currently pointing ?

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey
yes it seems clear. No huge trees etc. Just the houses that back onto our garden. I have checked on that satfinder website and all seems good. We're on top of a hill as well so I think it would be good.
Only thing would be getting the cable between the gap between the conservatory and fence as I don't really want cables running through the house. Should be doable though.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What cables were originally installed when you had the S ky box fitted ?

I might be able to use one of these to pull the third one through

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey
I think the cable was plastered over when the conservatory was installed. Can probably get access from my neighbors house though.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PM's activated for bokkie

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
bokkie said:
I think the cable was plastered over when the conservatory was installed.

Not really a problem as I carry rods that stretch some 8m or so.

Apparently there are two versions of Openbox, S9 (available) and S10 (approx 10 day delivery).

The two wholesalers I deal with don't rate them much, what is your reason for getting one ?

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey
Price. I can get an openbox for £60 whereas a dreambox is at least double that for hd. Could you give me an estimate for dish install, setup lnb's cabling, etc? Don't want to waste any more of your time if its going to be too expensive.Just a ball park figure.also seen triad dishes which have brackets and holders made for multiple lnb's.Cheers

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
For a compatible dish (and mount), wall bolts, 2 x single LNBs, LNB adapter bracket, 4 way DiSEqC switch, cable, f-plugs, travel and a couple of hours to set up, you might just get a small amount of change from £190.

bokkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surrey
What size dish would that be? I am going to have to talk to the missus as I was originally going to do it myself on the cheap and as with everything, the eyes lit up and it escalates. Also I've already got a quad lnb for the sky and wanted a twin for the hotbird so I can put it in another room in future. so would only need 1 twin lnb