Am I missing something?

southside

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have installed my ISS 90cm dish and currently pointing at what I hope is Hotbird. I tagged a Sat Finder to the LNB and get a good signal....I tweaked the dish a bit to get the best possible signal.

I connected the new RF Sat cable to the LNB and connected this to the TM9100. Trying to find a signal and nothing.

I tagged the Sat Finder between the TM9100 and cable and get a signal with expected loss due to distance but still good signal.

Cannot seem to get a signal on the TM9100. All I get is SNR @21%, AGC @ 19% and BER varying from lo to hi.

Have I missed anything for this...it's driving me nuts. The TM9100 is straight out of box....hven't done anything config wise.

Help or advise appreciated.

Adrian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So you have told the box that you are on Hotbird, but on the default transponder you are showing a low signal and quality reading. The quick answer is that you are probably not looking at Hotbird, but one of the many close by satellites.

southside

Reaction score
Okay, over the weekend I will try and get a shorter cable and rig something up so I can see the TM9100 as I try and point. Hopefully that will help me out.

I tried the other satellite settings on the TM9100 around the hotbird and I get the same result in the search. The AGC and SNR remain the same, varying by 1% occassionally for each.....even if I remove the cable.

ajmac42

Reaction score
Hiya Southside,

Just wondered if ya had any luck with the signal problem. I seem to be suffering from exactly the same thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated m8 :-worship

All the best Andy

A nonymous

Reaction score
If you think you have a good signal lock and you have told the receiver you are on 13e try telling it your on 19.2e, 28.2e or 39e.

It is more than likely that your dish is on 19.2e or 28.2e as they more or less give the strongest signals in the UK. I would also try 39e aswell as that signal is coming in really strong here to on my 80cm :toke:

If its on one of the other birds you receiver should show a good strong signal straight away once it knows which sat its looking at.

:-beer

Nano