Amazed by trustworthy pay on delivery web shop

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I have been upgrading my dads computer here, I found a web shop that had a reasonable product range and prices so decided to order from them.

The parts (processor, RAM, motherboard, graphics card, modem) came to several hundred euros, in the shopping cart page there was a Spanish term I didn’t recognise, so I looked it up and it turned out to be payment on delivery. As we had never ordered from the shop before we thought it would be a good idea, and so ticked that box and continued with the order. We were expecting to have to enter credit card details anyway (but not be charged untill we signed for the items or something), or somehow prove that we were who we claimed to be and intended to pay.

But no, we were thanked for the order and told that an email would be sent when it was dispatched, we received an email hours later and few days later a courier turned up.

The company seems to put a remarkable amount of trust in people, there seems to be nothing preventing someone filling out an order for someone else, or a random address, and causing chaos with things being delivered to people who had no idea about them.

I’m not complaining, the service was good and everything worked (the modem even had a amusingly sized adaptor) but I am surprised that places manage to accept orders in that way.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I was pleasently surprised when I accidentally ordered my Dreambox by COD from hm-sat.de, it turned up three business days later by UPS, for a lot less that you could buy from the UK and UPS took took the cash. :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
So it’s quite common then? It just seems very prone to problems to me.

Yes when I was looking around the computer shop site and started throwing things into the basket to see what the final cost was going to be, I must admit that I nearly ordered a sample basket by accident, I kept clicking next as I wanted to see what the final order page was like and it turned out I was on it.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Polomint appears to be the spanner in the basket sellers trade machine then

tandeh

Reaction score
hi whats the shop name (web adress), i may consider cod aswell as i can't trust online shops who do not reply to my queries.