Amazonas 61.0W

Bruckyboo

Member
My Satellite Setup
Intelsat 5. Standard KU .2db lnbf. 1meter antennae. Viewsat ultralite receiver
My Location
Jamaica
Hi all. I'm in Jamaica & for the past week i've been looking to get the Amazonas 61.0 W sat. What equipment do i need to get this sat.
I've been trying with a 6ft premier (metal plate) dish & a universal & a standard ku band LNB. I've managed to locate Intelsat9 58.0 W but i'm not getting anything to show but the preview channel.
Two questions: What do i need to do to watch the channels on the 58 & what do i need to get a good signal on the 61 ?
Also looking to get the Intelsat 707. Some interesting free channels on it. Would be nice to know what is required so i can go sat searching.
Thanks in advance
 
Re: 61W. You're well outside of the Brazil beam, and would need a dish around 3m to receive the South America beam according to the maps. The C-band beam might be possible with your dish.

Re: Intelsat 707. You should be able to get spot 2 beam (11632 V), but nothing more.
 
Thanks. I'm on the hunt for basically any sat i can find that'll give me a good mix of english channels. I'm working with 4, 5 & 6ft dish. Got Linear & circular LNBs. My main source went out recently & my subscription provider dont have some of the channels i've come to love. I'll be doing some reading around here.

Thanks again.
 
You need to look at Lyngsat. Your arc must be about 0ºW to 150ºW so look at those satellites and their footprint maps.
 
Bruckyboo said:
Hi all. I'm in Jamaica & for the past week i've been looking to get the Amazonas 61.0 W sat. What equipment do i need to get this sat.
I've been trying with a 6ft premier (metal plate) dish & a universal & a standard ku band LNB. I've managed to locate Intelsat9 58.0 W but i'm not getting anything to show but the preview channel.
Two questions: What do i need to do to watch the channels on the 58 & what do i need to get a good signal on the 61 ?
Also looking to get the Intelsat 707. Some interesting free channels on it. Would be nice to know what is required so i can go sat searching.
Thanks in advance

try tp 11808 h 26667 it is strongest tp.if you are on 58west move your dish a litle to south and a litle bit up and hopefully you are done.skew is very important- goodluck
 
Back
Top