Amiko Alien 2

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien2 Dual Tuner; CM120w/Inverto quattro on7°W; Triax 2X110, LNBFs:3BEST 1 quattro 13E 1 quattro 19.2E 1 single 28.2E multiswitches for the quattros and a satrix disecq 1.0.
My Location
Brussels Belgium
It is a stupendous receiver, but it comes embarked with the spark image but with the possibility of a second boot with another software. As I am not used to spark, I would like Enigma 2.
Anyone with enough experience with the Amiko Alien 2 to suggest a good Enigma 2 image? and a cccam package to go with it?
Thanks

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Er.... it will work but from what I understand, due to chipset differences, it won't run the majority of plug-ins available for Engima2 receivers... I think CCcam/Oscam should be fine though.

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien2 Dual Tuner; CM120w/Inverto quattro on7°W; Triax 2X110, LNBFs:3BEST 1 quattro 13E 1 quattro 19.2E 1 single 28.2E multiswitches for the quattros and a satrix disecq 1.0.
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Thank you for a prompt answer,
Is any version of Enigma 2 all right ?
Cccam or Oscam any version would work, or, is there a particular version that works best?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I've no idea. Nano will be along shortly to advise you as he had this receiver.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sorry i cannot give a detailed opinion on this forum about this receiver incase it upsets the site sponsor that sells them, but lets just say i don't rate them at all :-shh

Contary to popular belief they do not run CCCam, and i doubt they ever will. CCCam simply cannot run in an SH4 environment. The CCCam in Spark is infact a modified version of MGCamd that reports itself as CCCam.
As for Enigma 2 on the Alien, CCCam won't run on that either. You have to use OSCam which for the newbie is a complete nightmare to setup.

As for the image i would recommend PKT Hyperion, it runs sweet on my nBox which is also SH4 but to be totally blunt don't expect your receiver to ever run as well as a proper MIPS based Enigma 2 receiver will, the chipset just holds it back. If you want to properly run Enigma 2 you have purchased the wrong receiver.

Nano

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Thank you. Nano.
I do not want to learn Spark. Besides its EPG is lacking.
I am not a newbie, by the way.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I know mate i was just stating, as i always do that OSCam is not easy for people who are unfamiliar with it.

257 Posts does shout out that your not a newbie :D

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brussels Belgium
With E2 This receiver is unstable.
However with Spark not only is it stable but the video image is brilliant. It lacks on EPG; I hope further upgrades will improve this. Changing channels requires you to restart the 2.1.4 cccam I have installed.
Will Oscam or another version of cccam or mgcamd do away with the restart?

A nonymous

Reaction score
To be honest if you were only buying it to use it in Spark, it does slightly defeat the object of buying it as there are better boxes out there for less money that use closed source software.

Nano

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have had all the images on.I like the pkt Hyperion.With the YADS-HD skin.It is a dreambox.skin.I don't use cams so I know nothing about them.But I do know that oscam is the one to use.Lots use the satstation image which I believe is more setup for cams.
For watching tv on strong satellites it is a good reciever.I prefer my TM54302HD for feed hunting.

I find that when looking at weak transponders on fringe satellites the cpu can get stuck.Most people call it remote lag .But as I said most people seem to use it for watching tv with cams.it is fine for that

Edit again I am more of a feed hunter follower. :D

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I set up one of these for my dad, Satstation E2 image agree with nano is relation to you need to get your head round OScam a wee bit, but it handles a CCcam fine and the picture quality is better than both VU+ Solo's I own. Its just a pity everything has to be "ported" to work with STI based machines.

Mark Hargrove

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised dish with Tm5402 receiver, sky dish with sky hd receiver, freesat in 2nd room
My Location
Bristol
I agree with Nano, the Amiko is not a serious machine, fine for hobby guys just getting into the scene but you will want to trade up after a bit