an introduction and request for help/advice

bmews

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDCI-2000 in apartment with common sat feed. Just ordered SKY+ (not HD) so i can get broadband
My Location
cambridgeshire
Hi,

recently came back to the UK from a working stint abroad. I bought an HDCI-2000 back for the world cup (was it really 2006?) on BBC HD which worked fine.

I've now moved into a new apartment with a common dish (cabling already provided by the developer) and no possibility of adding a dish of my own. So i believe at the moment I have access to Astra 1 and 2 (i'll have to check the box signal strength to confirm). So I currently have access to BBC HD and Luxe HD (not even sure what Luxe shows).

In order to get reasonably priced broadband i've just subscribed to SKY+ which is due to be installed next week and only a basic package.

that'll then be the current set up.

I've not ventured into the world of CAMS and cards and will need some guidance on what may be available to me if i do and how to do it (dummy guide would be excellent as i'm a dummy when it comes to this).

I understand ITV HD and C4 HD are now available but i've no idea on how to get these as they don't show up in the channel list after a scan.

so... any pointers/advice most welcome.

thanks in advance

Barry

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

ITV HD was only intended for reception on Freesat HD boxes, via the red button, but many other receivers can get it by various methods. For mine it had to be patched and have a channel list loaded.

C4 HD is encrypted in NDS and needs a Sky Viewing card to watch, and a receiver that will read it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
With the Humax, you can either modify your current channel list or upload a list with ITV HD already included. Either way, you will need a channel editor/downloading software to replace your existing channel list.

Downloading tool and channel editor are available from Humax's site -

_www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/download/products/HDCI-2000.asp

You will need an RS232 serial cable to connect between PC and STB.

Here's my channel list for a fixed dish which includes ITV HD.. It's somewhat out of date now, but of course it's easy enough to rescan for any new channels. When I have time, I'll upload a newer fixed dish list.

Attachments

• 070608 Channels+ITV HD.zip
    101 KB · Views: 36

bmews

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDCI-2000 in apartment with common sat feed. Just ordered SKY+ (not HD) so i can get broadband
My Location
cambridgeshire
thanks for all the help.

now have ITV HD, Channel 4 HD (obviously encrypted) and the latest firmware.

finally figured out that to install it using winoak i had to physically turn the receiver off start the download and then switch the receiver back on, not just take it out of standby.

thanks again. a new question about cams is about to be posted.

barry

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Here's my updated channel list for a fixed dish -

Attachments

• Channel List for Fixed Dish DiseqC 1.0 280908.zip
    106.7 KB · Views: 43