Annoying green line on Front LED, any ideas?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Alright dudes/ettes,

I put my 8000 on standby tonight and about 5 minutes later I noticed a green line about 2mm thick come on the led on the front going vertically down the first digit on the time. The line is green and looks to be the same brightness as when the box is on. Does anybody have any ideas what it might be or have experienced such issues? It only goes away once I turn my box off either at he wall or by flicking the switch at the back to off. I can supply screenshot
url]

Thanks,

Mark

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
Not heard of that, Ill have a check on mine too, only line I can see that comes on is a line showing the remaining length left on a programme,

I am having a prob with the box crashing, I've posted a thread in the dreambox section

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
HI mate, I would test it by using a different skin / image or by editing the skin.xml file yourself. If the line doesn't go away then its a repair job !

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
thanks for that man. I tell you, i updated dream elite about 3 weeks ago to version 1.30 and suddenly this comes on. I know them front LED's cost quite a bit and am reluctant to replacing it at the moment. I had it on standby and the hard drive was still going and then after about 5mins that green line just suddenly appears out of nowhere...stupid thing, the hard drive then stopped it's business 5 minutes after that and it all went quiet apart from me seeing this stupid green line.

I will let people know later in the week if a new image or if re-installing this image sorts it, how much you reckon these LED panels cost to replace then, about £50?